Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reusable (wipeable) food labels

Options
  • 28-07-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum?!
    I'm decanting bulk seeds/nuts/rice etc into glass jars/food containers and would love to be able to find labels where I could write contents/date etc and then instead of trying to pull them off and use a new sticker..get ones that are wipeable?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

use a whiteboard marker on the glass?
    It dries after a few weeks and is hard to rub off, without wetting it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Or use a regular permanent marker on the glass, they're not as permanent as you'd like, and a brief soak in sudsy water takes it right off (even the fancy permanent pens I use in the lab are no match for fairy liquid)

You could buy a roll of sticky blackboard paper in the €2 shop, cut it to desired shape/size and write with chalk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Use a thin permanent marker directly on the glass. Then when you want to remove the marker, use nail polish remover- it removes it instantly, followed by a hot soapy scrub.

I do this with all my herbs and spice jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sapphire wrote: »
    Use a thin permanent marker directly on the glass. Then when you want to remove the marker, use nail polish remover.
    alcohol also takes it off, as does a scouring pad.

If you do have white wipeable labels I have read that green coloured sharpies clean off better than any other colours. If on glass the colour does not matter as it comes off totally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement