Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating to a parallax website

Options
  • 28-07-2016 11:55am

About to start updating our existing website here http://bradyassociates.ie/ to a parallax website.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good parallax theme for accountants or professional service providers that we can base the design off?

We will be moving away from the existing Joomla platform to a static HTMl with 3 different Landing pages using a Worpress Blog and CMS. I understand that a static HTML is designed from scratch but I think it would be good to have a theme to base the design off so that everyone know what the expectations are.

Would also appreciate some any suggestions for the new site that were missing on the existing version.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

In terms of website usefulness, why do you want parallax?
    Is this going to either, get more visitors from the search engines (Google), or convert a higher percentage of visitors to callers?

If you are using WordPress it will do all the pages, including custom designed landing pages, you need with full cms, it is not just a blogging platform.
    There are existing themes that have parallax effects but they probably won't have all the features you may want.

Look at other websites and the WordPress repository, ThemeForrest etc. find the designs you like and get a theme designed that has the features you want.

M.T.D wrote: »
    In terms of website usefulness, why do you want parallax?
    Is this going to either, get more visitors from the search engines (Google), or convert a higher percentage of visitors to callers?

If you are using WordPress it will do all the pages, including custom designed landing pages, you need with full cms, it is not just a blogging platform.
    There are existing themes that have parallax effects but they probably won't have all the features you may want.

Look at other websites and the WordPress repository, ThemeForrest etc. find the designs you like and get a theme designed that has the features you want.

Thanks for the reply. The reason we're building the site with HTML is because some feature and plugins aren't available on WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

I find that incredible Bren to believe that Wordpress lacks a particular plugin you need....what do you need to do??

Also I have seen HTML & Wordpress combined very rarely in Web Design..

As someone who has searched for years for the perfect platform....Wordpress is by far the best...

Advertisement