Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange\Cabinet live since 19-July-2016

Options
  • 28-07-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi, looking at fibrerollout.ie the following cabinets were made live, BHG1_001, BHG1_E01 & BHG1_002. I ran the 'line checker' and the max I can get is 6Mb (the same speed as before the cabinets were upgraded). Do you know when it will be possible to get an increase in broadband speed since the the cabinets were upgraded?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

WEST wrote: »
    Hi, looking at fibrerollout.ie the following cabinets were made live, BHG1_001, BHG1_E01 & BHG1_002. I ran the 'line checker' and the max I can get is 6Mb (the same speed as before the cabinets were upgraded). Do you know when it will be possible to get an increase in broadband speed since the the cabinets were upgraded?

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]WEST,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. You would need to contact our sales department and upgrade to this service. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Was it here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/ you checked your line?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭WEST

Hi Pamela, 

You are correct, that is where I checked the line speed. I'm with vodafone at the moment but thinking of moving to eir for broadband. Does it take a few weeks after a cabinet goes live before it is possible to get an increase in broadband speed? I'm about 2.5km away from the cabinet so does that mean I'm stuck with 6Mb?

Thanks,
    West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

WEST wrote: »
    Hi Pamela, 

You are correct, that is where I checked the line speed. I'm with vodafone at the moment but thinking of moving to eir for broadband. Does it take a few weeks after a cabinet goes live before it is possible to get an increase in broadband speed? I'm about 2.5km away from the cabinet so does that mean I'm stuck with 6Mb?

Thanks,
    West.
    Hi West,

Once the cabinet is active the lines will be upgraded. Unfortunately if your line is still pre-qualing at this speed you may not be connected to this cabinet.

You will need to speak with our sales team directly in order to see if your line has been upgraded.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement