Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks to play Cork in 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I don't believe this rumour at all.

Adele is due to play two nights in Dublin next March. I don't see her coming back three months later to play Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Hopefully Garth will be allowed play as many days as he likes with any objections from nearby residents who should know that economic benefits outweigh their right to quality of life. : )

Did I read that right in the Irish Examiner. No set limit on how many events the stadium can host.

Cork sure knows how to have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The Raptor wrote:
    Did I read that right in the Irish Examiner. No set limit on how many events the stadium can host.

A bit of a difference in location, parc ui chaoimh is not in the middle of a residential area ,and there are access routes that mainly avoid residential areas too...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Raptor wrote: »

Cork sure knows how to have fun.
    it also said
    Talks about gigs in the stadium would have to start at least six months in advance, and consultation with local residents will be a key condition of any licence, a senior official said.

I doubt they would get permission for non stop gigs all year, so saying there is "no limit" is a misnomer. Sure I kept hearing many of the garth/aiken sympathizers saying there was no limit in croke park either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

rubadub wrote: »
    it also said

I doubt they would get permission for non stop gigs all year, so saying there is "no limit" is a misnomer. Sure I kept hearing many of the garth/aiken sympathizers saying there was no limit in croke park either.

'No limit' is still a big difference between Croke Park's miserable 3 gigs per year. Just to clarify, there isn't a limit in Croke Park, promoters are allowed to apply for more licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I don't believe this rumour at all.

Adele is due to play two nights in Dublin next March. I don't see her coming back three months later to play Cork.

Confirmation of this? Can't seem to find anything online except for this years March gigs.

DC10555 wrote: »
    Confirmation of this? Can't seem to find anything online except for this years March gigs.

Yeah, this seems to be wrong. I done a google search and her tour information came up for 2017. Guess they had the wrong year.

DC10555 wrote: »

Here's what came up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Here's what came up for me.

Those are the 2016 dates sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guns N Roses in PUC next year please

didnt even think it would be open so early
    what a kip the old place was

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what a kip the old place was

It was a horrible place to get out of after a gig. I hated going there for a GAA game too.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It was a horrible place to get out of after a gig. I hated going there for a GAA game too.

Surprised nobody was hurt in 2013 after the Springsteen gig

There was almost no lighting outside the stadium in the old greyhound track

The tunnel in the open stand was a death trap too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Getting out of that Springsteen gig was awful. And it seemed like there was no stewards there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

Garth couldn't make it. He is still swimming across atlantic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Guns n roses in Pairc Ui chaoimh would be amazing. Really hope they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

it is going to be brand new stadium this time around

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/music/2016/0810/808268-brooks-aims-to-smash-u2s-concert-record/

3 nights will all he will get this time and if he bails than thats the end of it

Imagine it may be Summer 2018. U2 could do 2 nights and Adele 1 night in 2017

Advertisement