Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearded dragon, tip of tail damaged

Options
  • 28-07-2016 2:52pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice, my bearded dragon who is at least ten at this stage has recently done some damage to the tip of his tail, the damage is about a quarter of an inch of his tail and all that is left is a little bit of bone.

I've no idea how he did it, he's eating and moving along fine.

I'm keeping it clean and keeping an eye on it.

I'm not sure a vet could do much, and wondering if anyone has any advice in that regard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Stheno wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice, my bearded dragon who is at least ten at this stage has recently done some damage to the tip of his tail, the damage is about a quarter of an inch of his tail and all that is left is a little bit of bone.

I've no idea how he did it, he's eating and moving along fine.

I'm keeping it clean and keeping an eye on it.

I'm not sure a vet could do much, and wondering if anyone has any advice in that regard?

Get him to either John bainbridge or bairbre O'Malley. He will need proper cleaning, possible antibiotics and dressing. You do not want this to get infected.

I had a dragon pull a nail. Got infected, took ages to clear it, spent a bit of time with John bainbridge and is fine now, wish I brought him sooner.

Advertisement