Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus

Options
  • 28-07-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Which one is better guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from mobiles to Apple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 videopirate

The 6Plus has a slightly better camera sensor and image stablisation. Also has a higher pixel density. I think that's it as far as the average consumer is concerned.

I think I'll go with the 6 myself. 6Plus is difficult (for me) to manage one-handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The 6Plus has a slightly better camera sensor and image stablisation. Also has a higher pixel density. I think that's it as far as the average consumer is concerned.

I think I'll go with the 6 myself. 6Plus is difficult (for me) to manage one-handed.

Much bigger battery on the plus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think in the real world, they are similar. It comes down to size on which one to pick.
    Although, I would hold out to see what the next phone has in store. Should see a release in September for October delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Neither to be honest, the 6 /6plus is lacking severely with only 1gb ram and the 2gb of ram in the 6s makes a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Blazer wrote: »
    Neither to be honest, the 6 /6plus is lacking severely with only 1gb ram and the 2gb of ram in the 6s makes a huge difference

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have the 6 and i'm seriously tempted to go to 6s, but i'm going to wait until the 7/6SE/?? comes out before jumping- Don't get me wrong, the 6 is great, but like Blazer and others have said it's very light on the ram side.

Missus got an SE and it's blisteringly fast compared to mine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I have the 6 and i'm seriously tempted to go to 6s, but i'm going to wait until the 7/6SE/?? comes out before jumping- Don't get me wrong, the 6 is great, but like Blazer and others have said it's very light on the ram side.

Missus got an SE and it's blisteringly fast compared to mine.

Doing what type of functions would one notice this difference?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

You'll notice it everywhere, the 6s and 6s+ are much more responsive than the non s models.

In regards to the screen size, you think you won't like the bigger screen, but trust me, when you use the + for a week or two, it's very hard to go back to a smaller screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭wally79

I have the 6 plus as a work phone.

I was dubious as I've always gone android but I can't complain

The big screen is great.
    Camera seems very good to me
    Battery life is good

The only issue is that it is big and I have dropped it more than once but might just be me

I got an otter box cover but I didn't use it. Just made a big phone ridiculously cumbersome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

kceire wrote: »

Just off the top of my head i noticed it on a cold open of the App Store, opening the Message app, Camera app, and loading Safari.

I had noticed it before i installed the beta for iOS 10, and it is very noticeable now.

A work colleague has a 6s and there is a reasonable difference in the time to open apps between mine and his. But it stands to reason on both the SE and 6s being faster with the extra ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jelone

so we need to wait for 7?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

jelone wrote: »
    so we need to wait for 7?

No, the 6s has twice as much RAM as the 6/6+. The soon to be released 6se/7 will probably have the same amount of RAM.

You should still wait, but not because of the RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

I got the 6s plus recently and being perfectly honest I wish I went for the 6/6s instead.

The 6plus are pretty big phones but I never considered the little things like phone holders for the car& bringing it to the gym! Texting is very hard with small hands, I have to use both hands to text! It's does not fit in jean pockets

It's very bulky with a griffin survivor cover / otterboxs on them. Tried using it without the survivor on it and it slipped out of my hands a few times!

The camera and battery life are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jelone

lol, you reminded me that Apple disdained big screens of Samsung, but now what...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

kceire wrote: »

Everywhere really. I've been running iOS 10 on my one and another chap running it on his 6s plus and it blows mine away.
    Even on ios9 the lack of ram was very annoying waiting for apps to open.

Advertisement