Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling house - how long does it take to get paid ?

• 28-07-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37

hi there,
    i am signing contracts for the sale of my house on Weds next week and will be out within the week. when can i expect to get paid? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭septictank

I wasn't rushing for the money, took about a month to get into the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Ramonapixie

wow, thanks for that. im hoping to move it along alot quicker than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

hi there,
    i am signing contracts for the sale of my house on Weds next week and will be out within the week. when can i expect to get paid? thanks.

Did you consider asking your solicitor - the person you are paying to deal with those details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You should get the money once the sale closes and usually this date is in the contract that you signed and as the previous poster mentioned your Solicitor should be able to advise you of the closing date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Ramonapixie

Yes, solicitor has of course been asked, i was throwing it out there as II was just curious as to other people's experiences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement