Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV format

• 28-07-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I have a friend who has just arrived in Limerick from the Czech Republic and is currently looking for work. She has been the manager in a retail store (v fashionable clothing) similar to Levi store, in Prague for the last two years with 12 people reporting to her, and all it entails.

Wheres the best place to start in Limerick job searching ? Do all the stores say in somewhere like the Cresent or Aurthers Quay just recruit based on the CVs handed in to them or do they recruit from somewhere else.

I know nothing about Retail stores in limerick hence the question, any recruitment agencies that would be interested ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭U1D2C3

I'm not 100% sure in the retail industry, but what she could do is go on to the websites of the companies and look for the "career opportunities" or "work for us" sections. They will have whats available and can apply directly to them. When I was in retail, it was a case of calling into the shop and asking/handing C.V.s, but that was about 10 years ago. I doubt that's the way it's done these days. I would advise to sign up for websites such as indeed.com, jobs.ie and Jobbio.com and any kind of recruitment websites like that. Most jobs are advertised on those nowadays. I seen a part time job advertised for Tommy Hilfiger in Brown Thomas about 6 weeks ago but unfortunately, I'd say it's long gone. It was advertised on indeed.com. Worth a look anyway.

I just checked indeed.com (i am also looking for a job), and there's Tommy Hilfiger assistant store manager post available. I'd say tell her to get on it, asap. The website is easy to use too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

A friend of mine walked around the city one day with a bunch of cv's and just handed them in at places she thought she'd like to work. By the end of the day she had two businesses offering her a start. It's an old fashioned method but it works.

Advertisement