Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSA Server 2012 r2

Options
  • 28-07-2016 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am interested in getting this Cert, however I've noticed that there is a 2016 version in development but there is no textbooks on it yet and also in my current role we use Server 2012 r2. My Question is does anyone know how long this exam will be available to sit, I don't want to spend months getting 2 of the 3 then to find out the exam expires and I have to start again. A similar situation I find my self currently in the CCENT exam which expires in August (presently half way through the textbook).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Theres a train of thought that says now is the perfect time to get an MCSA.
    When the 2016 exam comes out it'll be a single exam to upgrade your MCSA to 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭irish_bhoy82

Im studying for the first exam at the moment, 2012 r2 is what they currently use in my workplace so I guess it makes sense. If they do upgrade(no word yet) then I will just need the one exam as you mentioned.

Just trying not to keep the head down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Im studying for the first exam at the moment, 2012 r2 is what they currently use in my workplace so I guess it makes sense. If they do upgrade(no word yet) then I will just need the one exam as you mentioned.

Just trying not to keep the head down.

Do you study on your own or with some training centre ?

Studying on my own zom. A Exam ref book and I watch some videos on You Tube also, still very early stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Thanks, I was wondering if there is point bother with this:

http://www.ecollege.ie/moodle/enrol/index.php?id=44
    http://www.ecollege.ie/moodle/enrol/index.php?id=44

Could you tell me where are you booking your exams (how much it costs)?

• Advertisement

Im going to try studying with out doing courses and see how i get on.
    Im based in the West so there is a few places in Galway. but at the moment I think ICE in lisbaun is the spot. ill be a few months before im ready Im hoping maybe by October/ November.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I've been considering using udemy's online tutorials for preparing for the MCSA 410 - 411 - 412. Are Pearson Vue the best test center option in Dublin for sitting the actual exams or is there a cheaper alternative ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stillatit

Hi Guys,

I am interested in getting this Cert, however I've noticed that there is a 2016 version in development but there is no textbooks on it yet and also in my current role we use Server 2012 r2. My Question is does anyone know how long this exam will be available to sit, I don't want to spend months getting 2 of the 3 then to find out the exam expires and I have to start again. A similar situation I find my self currently in the CCENT exam which expires in August (presently half way through the textbook).

The the retirement dates for the Windows Server 2012 exams have not been announced yet. The retirement dates for the Windows Server 2008 is 31 July 2017. So the 2012 exams will be good for a few more years.

Advertisement