Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed, can I move it on?

Options
  • 28-07-2016 11:56pm

My buyers are cash buyers, according to my solicitor, their solicitor is very nick picky, if that makes sense?
    There's no major issues that I can see.
    I'm moving into rented accommodation in august & would really like if this sale went through before the beginning of September, when I have another mortgage payment due.

Question is, do I leave it to solicitors to drag it out or is there anything I can do at all to make sure a sale goes through in August?
    Sale agreed since 2nd June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

bubblypop wrote: »
    My buyers are cash buyers, according to my solicitor, their solicitor is very nick picky, if that makes sense?
    There's no major issues that I can see.
    I'm moving into rented accommodation in august & would really like if this sale went through before the beginning of September, when I have another mortgage payment due.

Question is, do I leave it to solicitors to drag it out or is there anything I can do at all to make sure a sale goes through in August?
    Sale agreed since 2nd June.

Well you could get your solicitors to insist on a closing date, but until contracts are signed there's not much you can do. Tell your solicitor you want a quick sale and get him to push the purchasers as much as possible, but unless you're willing to walk away from the sale there's little you can do

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Archaeoliz

Make sure you have absolutely all your paperwork in order and then keep chasing. Call people all the time (be nice though - not that you wouldn't be!). We had all sorts of complications with the purchase of our house and could have been done in a couple of weeks if our vendor had been ready. The vendor's estate agent said if I hadn't been on the case it would have taken months more. Learn who is doing what at what point and then make sure you chase the right person and be pro-active. However, be warned some solicitors will charge more if they have to continually respond to your contact. Good luck!

Advertisement