Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enzymatic cleaners

• 29-07-2016 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Dudes incontinance has gotten worse, usually does during the summer when he's drinking more and we don't mind it too much once it's not in very obvious places (thankfully he's taken to sleeping on the leather couch upstairs where no one else goes so easy to clean!) but poor Cream seems to be spraying inside more, the only thing I can put it down to is the smell.
    So I got some of the simple solution cat cleaner and it works very well (unlike my black light which does not work well :( ) but it's in small enough containers, went through the whole thing in just one cleaning session! Also going to try feliway to de stress him a bit.
    Have used diluted biological liquid but I find it doesn't shift the smell as much as I'd like.
    What do you guys find best, and best value? Preferably in 5L containers as there will be industrial scale cleaning going on!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is there a chance he'd sleep on a fleece blanket on the leather sofa?
    If so, a puppy pee pad under the fleece blanket will absorb pretty much all the moisture and a lot of the smell. If need be, even buy the bigger pads that you can get for kids who wet the bed, spread 'em onto the whole seating area of the sofa, and cover with the fleece blanket.
    There's great value in puppy pee pads in Dealz and Choice :) The latter store has one brand that are 40 x 40cm (avoid), and others that are 40 x 60cm (much better).
    (I have a very old dog who's on medication that makes her wet the bed when in a deep sleep :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

We have pretty much a lifetime supply of incontinance sheets for humans here that I use to line his crate or put under him if he's lying on one of us, never thought to put it under a blanket though! He doesn't like the feel of lying straight on them because he's fussy like that. He's current favourite spot is on a massive fluffy pink pillow I had when I was about 10 that I don't mind getting pee soaked so I might slip a sheet into the lining of that just to make things a bit easier, thanks for that!
    Hope your pupster is doing well, they get so embarrassed about this pee stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michelleryan86

Sounds like you're having a crazy time with them atm. I hope things start to improve. Cats aren't very fond of vinegar and mixing it with water where they have sprayed kills the smell and keeps them away too. I know its a really strong smell but at least its less chemicals being used. My older cat used to spray a lot when he moved in first and he has basically stopped and vinegar was the only thing that really helps. Good luck with everything.

Best wishes!

Advertisement