Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using rental property as security

Options
  • 29-07-2016 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

i recently purchased a commercial property and had issues with the property itself and couldnt use it as security. i have a rental property with no loans in me and my wifes name but the bank wouldnt take this as security. we live in a seprate house in joint names also. the bank gave me an unsecured loan in the end so all is sorted.
    just wondering is it unusual for the bank not to take the rental property as security? their issue was that either me or my wife could move back into it at any stage which would then make it difficult for them to use it as securtiy.
    also does this mean that i could never use this property as security in the future? the bank was boi

Advertisement