Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Finbarrs Outreach or CUMH for apts?

Options
  • 29-07-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi all I've my 20 week doc visit next week at CUMH (I'm going public)

I know at this apt they will ask if I want to go to St. Finbarrs as opposed to CUMH for the rest of my apts. Has anyone used St. Finbarrs Outreach for this?

If any of you would like to share any experiences it would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ali_d

I haven't experience but have the same decision to make! I will be going to St. Finbarrs after my 20 week appt. A girl I know went to the midwives there last year and raved about the care and short waiting time so that's made my decision easy!! The same midwives work between there and the hospital and if they have any concerns they send you to cumh.
    But it's a personal decision and depends on what you're comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I went to the Mitchelstown centre instead of CUMH and delighted I did. Quick in and out. Only thing was they never did scans, I'm not sure if they will in CUMH after the 20weeks. I was told Mitchelstown would only do a scan if I was overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Thanks guys much appreciated. I wonder do they do scans in St Finbarrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Oh St Finbarr's all the way! You get the same level of care, if not more because it's so much quieter. I attended on my first pregnancy three years ago and was scanned at every appointment. There used to be literally two or three others waiting. I couldn't believe more people weren't using the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi im just wondring , i moved my appointments to finbar but does that mean i go back to cumh for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Crowely wrote: »
    Hi im just wondring , i moved my appointments to finbar but does that mean i go back to cumh for delivery.

Delivery in CUMH.

The wife went to St Finbarrs in 2016 for all her appointments, she went into labour 4 days before her final appointment and delivered in the CUMH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Crowely wrote: »

Yep, CUMH is the only “proper” maternity hospital in Cork. St Finbarrs is just for check ups. It is fab though ... the wait times are so much shorter and the midwives are lovely (not to say that the ones in CUMH aren’t!)

Advertisement