Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to activate Broadband

Options
  • 29-07-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Ordered my phone broadband bundle on the 13th July. Asked at the time when broadband would be activated & was told 3-5 working days. Phone line was installed 21st July I rang on Monday to see when broadband would be activated only to be told 9th August! Why the huge delay??? I'm getting no answers when I ring Eir only passed along to different people, thought I was getting somewhere on Tuesday with the loyalty dept when the said they would escalate it - whatever that is! but after them promising me a call back which never came & 3 phone calls yesterday & 2 phone calls this morning which people have just hung up on me or the line has mysteriously dropped I'm getting nowhere. Please can someone help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Cancel while you have the chance. Shower of chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 31 slanket

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Cancel while you have the chance. Shower of chancers

Pm'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

What the hell? I've an install for next wednesday and understood it would be active before the engineer left(which is important). Is this just a problem with your install or is this normal shoddy practice?

What the hell? I've an install for next wednesday and understood it would be active before the engineer left(which is important). Is this just a problem with your install or is this normal shoddy practice?

Well I've just been told via pm on their Facebook page that it takes 10 working days after phone line installation. Not the 3-5 working days I was told when I ordered the phone & broadband bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

slanket wrote: »

Well I've just been told via pm on their Facebook page that it takes 10 working days after phone line installation. Not the 3-5 working days I was told when I ordered the phone & broadband bundle.
    Why can't this be done immediately? Am i being naive here. The 14 day cooling off period starts at installation date. If you can't even try the product in that time what do you do? Unbelievable.

And i was never advised of activation period.

• Advertisement

Why can't this be done immediately? Am i being naive here. The 14 day cooling off period starts at installation date. If you can't even try the product in that time what do you do? Unbelievable.

I really don't know why it takes so long! Wish I did. But they are getting away with it!

Advertisement