Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babylon Translation Software

Options
  • 29-07-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a good Windows based software translator & someone recommended Babylon. Ideally I would prefer it to have an off-line capability as it will be required in a remote location without Internet connection a lot of the time.

I can't seem to find a Hompage for Babylon or a place to purchase it, but Google did throw up a lot of links to posts about Babylon containing loads of nasties.

Anyone familiar with Babylon & know where it can be purchased or recommend anything that might be better?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Could it be Babel Fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Could it be Babel Fish?

No, I don't think so, but thanks for the reply ;)

It's supposed to be a fairly large program that you actually install on your PC & it integrates with programs such as MS Office allowing you to translate entire documents and pdf documents too. It also has an offline benefit.

I'm damned if I can find a website for it but It does seem to be on some of the 3rd party site in a lighter offering than the Pro version.

af183ba3ad.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Think this is what you are looking for....

http://www.babylon-software.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

FanadMan wrote: »
    Think this is what you are looking for....

http://www.babylon-software.com/

Looks like the one alright, cheers FanadMan :)

Advertisement