Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Conway TV box Lost channels

Options
  • 29-07-2016 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a Sky Conway tv box that has pretty much terrestrial channels and looks to me like a Saorview box.
    The issue i have is i paid for this when i moved into the house i'm living at at the cost of €100. I assumed this was a one off fee and i'd be able to take the box with me when i leave.
    My issue is that we have a lot of power shortages where i live and when we do the tv box resets and i have to scan all the channels in again.
    Does anyone here have any knowledge about how to retune these boxes so i get all my channels back as the last retune i did has left me with only the 5 irish terrestial channels Rte, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

MY first reading upon seeing your post was that there might be something dodgy about the arrangement. Looked them up. And it seems they are legit. Do you not have a customer care line you can ring for them?

I found this website if it's of any use to you:

http://conwayrentals.co.uk/conwaytvbb/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What make is the box? What channels do you lose when it goes down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

MY first reading upon seeing your post was that there might be something dodgy about the arrangement. Looked them up. And it seems they are legit. Do you not have a customer care line you can ring for them?

I found this website if it's of any use to you:

http://conwayrentals.co.uk/conwaytvbb/
    They only provide a free to air service with non sky boxes afaik and any sky services should be provided using a proper legit licensed sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,028 ✭✭✭✭L1011

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They only provide a free to air service with non sky boxes afaik and any sky services should be provided using a proper legit licensed sky box.

If the OP is getting RTE1 etc they clearly have some form of additional modulation in place.

It may be a DVBT/DVBS combo box, but I know of similar firms that use DVBT modulators to provide a few multiplexes of channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 totten72

L1011 wrote: »
    If the OP is getting RTE1 etc they clearly have some form of additional modulation in place.

It may be a DVBT/DVBS combo box, but I know of similar firms that use DVBT modulators to provide a few multiplexes of channels.

I have 5 channels in total rte1, rte2, tv3, tg4 and 3e. Before the restarts i had itv, bbc pretty much all the channels you'd get from saorview boxes.

My landlord is out of the country at the moment which is why i was posting, he has all the details of the box and i can't get any of the channels back aside from the 5 i mentioned.

I was wondering if anyone had some techie savvy that could help.
    When i look at the tuner (here it has 3 tuner options) section it shows options such as (DVB-T) (DVB-C) I can only assume the c stands for cable and t for terrestial and as we live in the sticks i know for a fact that theres no cable so it has to be Ariel/terrestrial.

As this has happened before and when i've rescanned the channels have always come back its just this time that they havn't.

By the way guys, thanks for all your replies. I can't contact the conway guys as its in the landlords name and they won't help me. Cest la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 totten72

What make is the box? What channels do you lose when it goes down?

Only thing that isnt recognisable to me is the branding "sab unix triple hd"

damn, having googled that i've just found the instruction manual........

• Registered Users Posts: 69,028 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Irish channels are coming in via dvbt. The rest would have been satellite unless you are very close to the border.

Sky Conway are a provider of in building cable services hence the huge confusion

Advertisement