Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Broadband

Options
  • 29-07-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm trying to help a friend here.
    House in Strawberry Beds. 500k speeds quoted if there was a landline, No Virgin Media

Is there any company which could install either a bonded or load balancing mobile internet or satellite package or similar which would give reliable fast Internet with reasonably high downloads. Kids!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

SmartGit wrote: »
    I'm trying to help a friend here.
    House in Strawberry Beds. 500k speeds quoted if there was a landline, No Virgin Media

Is there any company which could install either a bonded or load balancing mobile internet or satellite package or similar which would give reliable fast Internet with reasonably high downloads. Kids!

Don't even consider Satellite. I'd take 500K speeds over that.

Is their house on a Blue line on this map? If so when does their exchange/cab say FTTH is due by? There are 100,000 homes going to have this by March next year. This would be best solution.

If it's on the long finger for FTTH, then is Imagine LTE an option for that area? If so grab that.

Otherwise use this map and check what Wireless ISPs are covering their area.

Advertisement