Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATH Q-Final Match - LeeJM V Kankan14

• 29-07-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭

Kankan and Lee face off in this quarter final tie, both after having already impressive matches to get to this stage. You both know the rules, here is your question......

WWE Network shows! We all love em, right?

Well Vince thinks so and he wants a new reality show for the network and obviously he wants it to star someone who was is either already on the roster or someone who was previously in the WWF/WWE. Vince wants you to deliver the new show! Who will you choose to star? What kind of show is it? Why would anyone want to watch it? Shoot!

Good luck fella!

Who should progress to the next round? 13 votes

LeeJM
    0% 0 votes
    KanKan14
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

My idea is simple Vince. You say every time your on TV that WWE is sports entertainment. So let's entertain. We showcase our talents in ring ability weekly on TV,well let me run a TV show on the network that allows our talented roster to show there other unique abilities and character traits for our subscribers to see.

The host of our new show shall be none other than:
    "The Lass Kicker" herself Becky Lynch.

Our new shows name is bordering on gimmick infringement but not quite. As I present to you

WWE's Got Talent.

Our show starts in front of a live studio audience cheering from the rafters as Becky hits the stage she welcomes everyone and says it is time to introduce out judges.

First out is the face the runs the place Jaaaahn Cena. He will be joined by Lita and Santino Marella. Becky goes on to explain how all three judges have a buzzer which should they all hit prior to an act finishing they must stop their performance right away and are ineligible for the grand final.
    Each week for 7 weeks we will see 4 to 6 acts present their performance and one act will be put through by all 3 judges to the Week 8 show. Our Grand Final. This grand final will see a winner decided by the wwe universe who can vote across a multitude of platforms from Facebook to twitter to e-mail.

The brilliance of the show is that we get to show off many talents our roster have. Which may open up for people of all walks of life to develop and interest in wrestling.

Cena will be a huge pull for kids and is recognisable the world over. Santino will bring a huge comedy element to the show and Lita is still as popular as a diva can be.

Becky as the face of smackdowns female roster is getting a nice rub her as the shows host and the person to be splashed across all advertising along with the judges. SD being light on number really need her to open up the show to the broader aspects of wwe universe and this should do it. With a little help from cena et all. The show could be quite popular.

I'm not going to bore with the 7 heats and their winners but the two hour long grand final is a humdinger. It features crazy things you wouldn't have imagined before the show started 8 weeks ago. Big e picking up a bus,Fandango break dancing, Dolph ziggler with a comedy sketch which leaves everyone in stitches and even a gymnastic display from the returning Shelton Benjamin (still defying gravity).

The whole point of the show is to showcase talent obv and let the public see as many talents as possible through the 8 weeks with different superstars getting network and social media exposure.However it will also put Becky across as the leading babyface women. She will play the role of introducing judges and guests and performers. She will announce the winner at the end of each heat and the overall winner. I think she has the ability to come across sympathetic if needs be or comedic or just plain entertaining. She will have her name spread all across the network and social media due to the show and the final vote being public should bring in the numbers. The hope being that more people tune in to wwe programming and continue to subscribe to the network for such a quality show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ok so I have been thinking hard about this since the question was posed. Here is my pitch.........

Since his debut in 1997, the Universe has been intrigued by this man more than any other Superstar or Diva in our history. More column inches have been devoted to him in dirtshirts, magazines, newspapers and online opinion pieces than just about anybody else in the entertainment industry. You want reality for the Network? Well I say lets give them the ultimate reality. Lets give them what they have always wanted. Lets give them VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON!!

The idea for the show is the Universe get to see how you work Vince. Kayfabe is dead and has been for a long long time, so lets show them how the biggest sports entertainment company in the world is run. We will film at HQ, see you in meetings with USA execs, meetings with Stephanie and Paul. We will talk about how Stephanie and Paul are taking control over more of the company. We will make into a passing of the torch story.

We will see you outside the company with Shane and talk about your real life issues and how they came to be resolved. We will see the husband Vince and the dotting Grandfather Vince. You will get a chance to talk about your families history in the promoting business.

We will film creative meetings with the writers and you can talk about how ideas are floated and then tweaked and made ready for what the Universe sees on Raw and Smackdown.

This all just the tip of the iceberg Vince. There are so many possibilities for what we can do with this show. But most importantly this is what the Universe have always wanted. To see what makes you tick, what it is that excites you and how you have been so successful for so long.

And the grand finale is the first seasons conclusion would coincide with a show at MSG. We would get to see you on the hollowed turf, the place that has been home for WWE since the very beginning. We would tease that maybe just maybe it would be your last show at MSG as the Boss. Vince there wouldnt be a dry eye in sight. It practically writes itself.

So thats it, my proposal is the show Being Vince.

As for why people would wanna watch it, hes Vince McMahon dammit. It would be television gold. The soundbites from this show would be timeless. And he is the most talked about man in the history of the business. Network subs would rocket if this show were to be made.

I can see Vince's reply to your pitch now.

"NO CHANCE IN HELL, LEE"

This is what I think Vince says and here's why.

You want to follow all around fly on the wall style seeing his HQ meetings,creative meetings and family time.

Granted family time I can him only loving coming across as the doting father and grandfather.

However and this is huge the rest of your idea Vince will never be on board with.
    We are talking about a man shadier than a park full of oak trees!
    Creative meetings should never be public.WWE creative might look a shambles but they do certain things well. These things they'll never want their competitors to see(and they WILL be watching). Production meetings would be a no no for a similar reason.

Vince wouldn't and couldn't leave you follow him around.

Steroid controversy is not talked about as much but still a major questions were never really answerer by Vince. God only knows what goes on today in the 'clean wwe'.

Imagine cameras saw everything that went down prior to Montreal'97. Sure we would have closure, but Vince's dirty laundry would be aired in public.

Now lets look at his history with women. Rape accusations and sexual harassment charges against him. Do you really think he wants a camera in his nose for all that?

Sure you could say don't record those parts and make your reality show almost scripted. There simply isnt enough hours in the day for him to run his real life and a scripted one.

To summise I can't see any way Vince (as the head of a public trading co.)allows this or wants it to happen.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I can see Vince's reply to your pitch now.

"NO CHANCE IN HELL, LEE"

This is what I think Vince says and here's why.

You want to follow all around fly on the wall style seeing his HQ meetings,creative meetings and family time.

Granted family time I can him only loving coming across as the doting father and grandfather.

However and this is huge the rest of your idea Vince will never be on board with.
    We are talking about a man shadier than a park full of oak trees!
    Creative meetings should never be public.WWE creative might look a shambles but they do certain things well. These things they'll never want their competitors to see(and they WILL be watching). Production meetings would be a no no for a similar reason.

Vince wouldn't and couldn't leave you follow him around.

Steroid controversy is not talked about as much but still a major questions were never really answerer by Vince. God only knows what goes on today in the 'clean wwe'.

Imagine cameras saw everything that went down prior to Montreal'97. Sure we would have closure, but Vince's dirty laundry would be aired in public.

Now lets look at his history with women. Rape accusations and sexual harassment charges against him. Do you really think he wants a camera in his nose for all that?

Sure you could say don't record those parts and make your reality show almost scripted. There simply isnt enough hours in the day for him to run his real life and a scripted one.

To summise I can't see any way Vince (as the head of a public trading co.)allows this or wants it to happen.

Firstly the line I bolded is absolutely fantastic, I am stealing that. Now for the rest of your arguement, Vince will have full say on what gets aired as lets not forget its his Network. You say he hasnt got enough hours in the day to run a scripted and real life, I disagree. The man doesnt sleep. He has never been ill. If you tell him he cant do something he will do it to prove you wrong and then fire you for being wrong!

And I hate to tell you but no "reality" tv show is a true reality. Keeping up with the Kardashians, Geordie Shore, Big Brother, Total Divas all about as realistic as a Die Hard movie but all insanely popular. Being Vince would be no different. I would expect it to be the most watched show on the Network not named Wrestlemania.

Another point you made is that Vince would never go for it. This is the guy that wanted to be revealed as the Father of his daughters child. This is the man that was killed on his own tv show twice. This is the man that has talked about his massive grapefruits and being a genetic jackhammer. I think he would love being the sole focus of a show.

Also WWE has no competitors so whether the heads of TNA, RoH, NJPW and GFW all watch the show together in one room makes no difference to WWE. Fans know the show has writers and that the big WM entrances are all planned out in production meetings so why not show Vince being in this process. Its what we all wanna see.

Now WWE got Talent. Just no. Doesnt work in theory and wouldnt work in practice. Becky as host is a great idea.............if you are Irish. But why would she get the gig when Renee Young is the obvious choice? You say it would enhance her character and she could be sympathetic and comedic, thats what Smackdown is for. If she isnt getting over on Smackdown now with a brand split then now should she be hosting a Network show.

The judges, Cena I get as he is the biggest star. But when would he have time to film this? He is the busiest man on the roster between wrestling, being the public face of the company, learning Chinese, doing interviews, doing make a wish visits and making movies. Lita, meh she is bland and an awful speaker on the kickoff shows. Santino is Im guessing your comedy Louis Walsh/David Walliams judge? Where is your Simon Cowell bastard judge that holds the show together? They just dont work as a trio.

Another issue is when would this be filmed? Where is it filmed? Is it in front of a live audience? Is it all filmed in one day so the crowd would be dead by the Final? Is it shot every week? Is it voluntary or do WWE talent have to take part? Is it done on a day that they should be at home so makes the talent angry and píssed off that they are there and not at home?

And the biggest problem, who is the target audience? I mean who wants to see Baron Corbin juggling bananas? Or Nattie walking her cats through an obstacle course? Or Rhyno singing Frank Sinatra? Like seriously who would watch that? The TV talent show is already played out (just look at X Factors ratings) never mind WWE Superstars being the contestants.

My idea is simplicity itself in following the most iconic man in the business. Your idea is talent being made to look foolish for very little reward. I mean what would they get if they won the competition? An iron clad contract like Big Show :pac:

No sh8t reality shows are scripted! That's my point in a nutshell, why does Vince waste his time with it? There's nothing to gain long term from it.

Ya we all know Vince toyed with the incest storyline. But it never happened. He saw it wasn't feasible with a gentle reminder from his family. Just like he would this show of yours.

As for my show.
    We already know Renee is an excellent host with plenty of good network shows.
    Becky will be able to showcase her skills in the same way, did you know she has an acting degree?

As for the bastard/heel style judge. Its not necessary at all. As your final grand winner is being picked by the wwe universe over social media so the most over act wins. Simples!

Its easy film the heats over 1 or 2 days and sometime in the following 7 weeks you do your final where a few hundred lucky members of the wwe universe get to be the live studio audience.

The talent is rewarded by notoriety a broader view from the public not some gimmick trophy or contract.

To summise Vince would never go for your idea and but would love mine(IMO).

• Advertisement

Kankan14 wrote: »
    No sh8t reality shows are scripted! That's my point in a nutshell, why does Vince waste his time with it? There's nothing to gain long term from it.

Ya we all know Vince toyed with the incest storyline. But it never happened. He saw it wasn't feasible with a gentle reminder from his family. Just like he would this show of yours.

As for my show.
    We already know Renee is an excellent host with plenty of good network shows.
    Becky will be able to showcase her skills in the same way, did you know she has an acting degree?

As for the bastard/heel style judge. Its not necessary at all. As your final grand winner is being picked by the wwe universe over social media so the most over act wins. Simples!

Its easy film the heats over 1 or 2 days and sometime in the following 7 weeks you do your final where a few hundred lucky members of the wwe universe get to be the live studio audience.

The talent is rewarded by notoriety a broader view from the public not some gimmick trophy or contract.

To summise Vince would never go for your idea and but would love mine(IMO).

Vince wastes his time with my show as it would entice more Network subs. Simples. You dont think lapsed fans would be enticed back by a worts and all look into how Vince runs the WWE and his slow release of the company to Steph and Paul?

Like it or not Vince is MONEY! There is a reason USA Network have insisted for years that the McMahons are featured on tv. Vince is the most talked about figure in the business. My reality show would appeal to everyone. It would even garner some mainstream press. I could see Rolling Stone and Variety and maybe even USA Today all talking about the Vince McMahon reality show.

WWE Got Talent while a novel idea just wouldnt accomplish even 1 tenth of the Vince show. Also yes I knew about Beckys acting degree and that still doesnt mean she would be a valuable host of the show. And Im a huge Becky fan! I just cant see the reward of the show at all. Talent wouldnt enjoy it and that would show through in their "performances".

Advertisement