Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Court or not?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Benedict

If you win the case against, say, a shop. Does the owner end up with a "judgement" against him? (Or her?) Because that would surely look bad. Especially if he had several "judgements". It's amazing how the public take an interest in such things. If I was planning to buy a car from Mr. G. and I saw that he'd had a number of "judgements" against him, would it not put me off?

You know how reporters stand outside the courts and next thing you read Mr G of 94 Y. Street to pay customer for bad workmanship.

Could ruin the guy. Might be his own fault of course, but could be even worse punishment than having to pay the victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement