Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help getting around dublin

Options
  • 29-07-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just looking for advice.

I am trying to find out how to get to the button factory tomorrow from Dublin Hueston train station.
    And then how to get from the button factory to the Aviva stadium?

Is it easy and how long would both journeys be?
    Are either walkable?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Luas to Jervis would sort the button factory.
    From there you could walk to Tara Street and take Dart to Lansdowne Rd.

Hi all,
    Just looking for advice.

I am trying to find out how to get to the button factory tomorrow from Dublin Hueston train station.
    And then how to get from the button factory to the Aviva stadium?

Is it easy and how long would both journeys be?
    Are either walkable?

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Thanks very much to you both.
    What kinda time would I want to give myself to get to the Aviva from the button factory (temple bar)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Download the Journey Planner app and it will give you exact instructions including buses, walking distances, trains, luas etc. as well as times and duration's for everything. It's a great app for getting around Dublin and even Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Button Factory to Tara St is about a 10 minute walk...a little bit shorter if you are a fast walker, a little bit longer if you are in (or are with someone in) high heels. Darts are approx every 10/20mins, depending on the time of day. The journey time from Tara St, is only about 5/7 minutes, as there are only the Pearse St and Grand Canal Dock stations before Landsdowne Rd. If you are going to a concert/match in the Aviva, allow more time, as trains take longer to unload when large crowds are expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The Button Factory to Temple Bar is about a 10 minute walk...a little bit shorter if you are a fast walker, a little bit longer if you are in (or are with someone in) high heels. Darts are approx every 10/20mins, depending on the time of day. The journey time from Tara St, is only about 5/7 minutes, as there are only the Pearse St and Grand Canal Dock stations before Landsdowne Rd. If you are going to a concert/match in the Aviva, allow more time, as trains take longer to unload when large crowds are expected.

The Button Factory is IN Temple Bar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Oops, sorry. Typo. Edited my post. Presumably the OP knew what I meant & got there ok.

Advertisement