Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to change Sky viewing card on account (Eir/BT Sport)

Options
  • 29-07-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was signed up to Setanta, since ye've changed I don't really know now what's going on.

I'd like to change my Eir sport subscription to my new Sky viewing card as the old one is no longer in service, is there a way of doing this by email?

Or is there a number I can ring to do it without it costing me half the price of my monthly bill to do so?

Was speaking to an agent of yours not so long ago for no more than 30 seconds and the whole call cost me €8. Surely there is a cheaper number??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I should probably also mention that I don't know my Setanta account number or anything.

I do know the old viewing card number and the new one if that is any good, think I was told it was over the phone.

Bump. Don't want it to be forgotten about after long weekend. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

THFC wrote: »
    I should probably also mention that I don't know my Setanta account number or anything.

I do know the old viewing card number and the new one if that is any good, think I was told it was over the phone.
    Hi THFC,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am afraid you would need to contact the dedicated team who cancels the Setanta subscription directly. You can contact them on 0818-20-30-40. 

In regards to getting eir Sports, you will need to have eir broadband. If you have eir broadband you will need to register to myeir and then register your SKY viewing card details to myeir Sports. Once you have done this you will be able to view eir Sports on your TV.

-Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Hi THFC,

I am afraid you would need to contact the dedicated team who cancels the Setanta subscription directly. You can contact them on 0818-20-30-40. 

In regards to getting eir Sports, you will need to have eir broadband. If you have eir broadband you will need to register to myeir and then register your SKY viewing card details to myeir Sports. Once you have done this you will be able to view eir Sports on your TV.

-Ciara
    So, I can't subscribe to Eir unless I have Eir broadband? That's contrary to what I've been told (on the phone) already.

Also, is there a cheaper number to ring? That number is very expensive. Or an email? I seem to remember an email address being said to me, like sc@eir.com or something along those lines??

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Hi THFC,

-Ciara
    You only need eir broadband if you want it for free but if your a sky customer you can pay €25 a month or €225 a year, correct?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi THFC,

-Ciara
    You only need eir broadband if you want it for free but if your a sky customer you can pay €25 a month or €225 a year, correct?
    Hi John Smith,

Yes, I am afraid this would be correct. 

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

So, I have been paying Setanta 21.99 a month and I believe I am tied into a 2 year contract.. I have just received a new sky q box with a new sky card.. Can I not just transfer over my new sky card to my old account.. If not what do I have to do.. I can't get eir broadband as I am tied to virgin for broadband for 2 years..

Update.. Rang eir today, no problem changing sky card, same price 21.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    So, I have been paying Setanta 21.99 a month and I believe I am tied into a 2 year contract.. I have just received a new sky q box with a new sky card.. Can I not just transfer over my new sky card to my old account.. If not what do I have to do.. I can't get eir broadband as I am tied to virgin for broadband for 2 years..

Update.. Rang eir today, no problem changing sky card, same price 21.99
    Hi  Jumbo156,

Thanks for the update.

-Pamela 

Advertisement