Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to succeed at interview?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The interview that I did for the job that would become my career, started not so well. For some reason, I was expecting a much larger room behind the interview door, got a bit of a surprise that it was so narrow and small and half -tripped over the leg of a chair as i went in the door. 'That'll be the drink' I said and they laughed. It seemed to do the trick. At least one of them told me later that was when I got the job for him, as he knew I'd fit right in with our little beleaguered group in a tumbly down, forgotten, 'failing' inner city school.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I wouldn't bring any resources with me personally - I never bring more than a small handbag as I would be afraid of fumbling at the end of the interview and leaving a bad impression. I think it would be better to have two or three in mind that can be mentioned as examples. 'With an unmotivated class I would use my Heaney snap cards to lead into a lesson. I have used these with Fifth Years and they really engaged with the poetry afterwards.'
    One method of practising answers that I have found very good is quick fire questions in the car. because you are focusing on the road, this naturally means that you won't waffle. You could also go for a walk with a friend and you have to answer the question before you get to the next lamppost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Basic one.... do a vocal warm up in the car before going in to avoid throat drying up.

Advertisement