Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Replaced - Question about a problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    Chain wear is not that difficult to keep track of if you use a chain wear checker.....!
    That's not the problem - I have a chain checker and regularly check chains for wear. I was responding to Al Wright's post about rotating 3 chain's per cassette every 1000kms. The chain checker won't tell me when the chain has done 1000kms. I know I could use my Strava log but with 4 bikes and therefore 12 chains, it would be a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks all again for the advice. Picked up a new 105 cassette yesterday in a Halfords sale, installed this evening within a few minutes and problem is gone away! :) Great to learn how to fix/change something else on a bike!

Advertisement