Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best VPN

Options
  • 29-07-2016 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

A bit of advice please - what is the best and most cost effective VPN out there .

My priorites would be something that would do the job , is safe and secure , wouldn't require me to be tech savvie , and dos'nt cost an arm and a leg .

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭White Ninja

I was with Nord VPN, couldn't fault them. Then I got 2 years for the price of one with PureVPN, and they're rubbish, I'm considering just biting the bullet and going back to NordVPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

I was with Nord VPN, couldn't fault them. Then I got 2 years for the price of one with PureVPN, and they're rubbish, I'm considering just biting the bullet and going back to NordVPN.

What were the problems ? I have never used one before so it is all new to me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭White Ninja

marienbad wrote: »
    What were the problems ? I have never used one before so it is all new to me .

With Nord VPN it was always automatic. I'd pick a server and just forget I even had a VPN until I wanted to change it, it just ran in the background for weeks. With PureVPN I have to to select a server every time I log on to my laptop and some of them are very slow.

I use NordVPN, very good, multiple servers in many different countries... Android and iOS apps make it easy to configure on mobile devices. Very fast connections, enough to stream video.... Can't really fault them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Use private internet access myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

marienbad wrote: »
    A bit of advice please - what is the best and most cost effective VPN out there .

My priorites would be something that would do the job , is safe and secure , wouldn't require me to be tech savvie , and dos'nt cost an arm and a leg .

thanks
    try cyberghost, there is a free version too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

We use both a Vanco VPN using pulse network connection and also Forticlient SSL VPN to connect to our fortigate firewall in work....great setup....easy to setup and use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I'm looking at NordVPN for my phone, but was wondering can you (typically with phone VPN apps in general) set up rules to deny certain apps access to the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

I went with Cyberghost , I am paying monthly as a trial basis . I find it perfect for my needs . Now they have made me a 505 offer for a year so I will probably go with that .

Thanks for all the suggestions . it was an area I didn't have a clue about . This is one of the things where I find Boards just brilliant .

Ask all the stupid questions one likes and people invariably respond help and advice

I'm looking at NordVPN for my phone, but was wondering can you (typically with phone VPN apps in general) set up rules to deny certain apps access to the internet?

Speaking about IOS here, I don't know about Android/Windows/Blackberry etc

With the NordVPN you cannot.

With the phone itself you can configure to block communication using mobile data. But this was developed so you could control mobile data rather than a firewall.

Check out an app like Netsanity’s Appblocker it might do what you're asking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement