Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saveloy

Options
  • 29-07-2016 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Any chipper in Dublin do a saveloy? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All of them, as it's just the British term for what they generically call a sausage here. They won't have a clue what a saveloy is though

If you're expecting something posher, none of them

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A saveloy is different from the regular sausage you get in a chipper here. They're generally a reddish colour and look more like frankfurters .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Zaph wrote: »
    A saveloy is different from the regular sausage you get in a chipper here. They're generally a reddish colour and look more like frankfurters .

And tend to be prefaced with 'oi oi'.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zaph wrote: »

Taste exactly the same from what I've had in Scotland, Birmingham and Sussex. Dye in the cellulose casing does not change the flavour mix used!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Can't help thinking about that song from "Oliver" in my head where the kids are hungry and are imagining nice grub....

"Pease pudding and Saveloy"

TBH both sound absolutely gross, but I'm sure in Dicken's time it was the height of food sophistication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You usually get them when you ask for a hot dog in an irish chipper ..I think

Advertisement