Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do

• 29-07-2016 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I've some various questions regards to killing fish under size etc,

Now I fish this local pike lake, it's a shallow lake.. All small pike in the lake, now recently there's been people killing pike but these "people" have been killing pike, in them sh**ty lidle dingy boats, I've seen a mother killing a pike then taking pictures with kids GREAT WAY TO TEACH C&R right?!? Now I always c&r pike no question.. A lot of the locals do to.. There nearly there every day.. Now I fish with some of my friends and we're only "young ones!" So we can't really do anything about it,

What would you suggest?

Now another scene happening,

A local river has no angling club and wild river that goes through a town, I've been fishing it for 6 years, and started catch and release 4 yesrs ago and released hundreds of trout big 6lb and small.. And there's a scene where this young fella if you could say is fishing the worm seems okay, but he's deep hooking trout and killing everything I mean everything, I've seen him with 2 trout a few days ago one was over the 13inch size and another wasn't but it was very close, now I've seen him down the places I've fished only a handful of times, but I don't mind an angler taking a trout for the pan, but he's going to completely ruin the stock of the trout (where he fishes in the town) I've even herd of some people killing salmon parr and trout juveniles for dead bait ( I've herd mightn't be true but likely is) this fella is fishing nearly every day the killing has to stop.. The thing is what should I do ? I don't want to tell the Ifi but he's not going to stop.. I've even herd he's killing pike ( herd again) but likely true again...

I just hope he stops but probably won't..

I don't know what to do in either situations, what would you suggest all?

Fisherbuy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

If you observe illegal fishing (killing more than one pike, killing a pike over 50cm, killing trout under the limit etc.) the best thing to do is call 1890 347424 and report it. Don't put yourself at risk by tackling individuals yourself, fishery officers are trained to do that and if they can respond they will, but they need timely information, not "you should have been here yesterday".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mod. Zzippy has outlined exactly what to do. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement