Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knee pain

Options
  • 29-07-2016 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi all,

Bit of advice please. Cycling few times a week only between 40 and 60k.
    Last few spins I've noticed a discomfort in my right knee while on the bike.

Came home after a spin Tues and was very sore all day and got worse that night. Put deep heat on it...I dunno why cos it didn't help.

Anyway it's only today that it's right again. I haven't been out on the bike since but I'm due to head out for 50 or 60 on Sunday. I've ran 6k past 2 days with no problems, as in my knee was sore up till yesterday but it didn't affect my running. ..I just tried to ignore it...any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Your Saddle could be too low,
    If your using clipless pedals, your cleats could be setup incorrectly.

I suggest you get a bike fit and tell them about the pain in your knees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Malaria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I sometimes get it in high gears, you can feel your knees working( in a bad way :)) . Dropped a gear myself and its fine since.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: Can't give out medical advice on boards I'm afraid OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement