Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should I get?

• 30-07-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

I have cancelled Virgin as we have to move out of our house for a few months while it is being renovated. We're moving back soon and I'm looking at the options for TV/Broadband/Phone.

We are a family of 2 adults and 3 teens. All have phones, tablets, xbox 360.

We didn't like Horizon and VM broadband was regularly stopping and requiring reconnect or reboot on Horizon box.

We had a tv in the sitting room connected to Horizon and a second box in the master bedroom. We had Sky Sports. We will have a smart tv in the new open plan kitchen extension.

All the new options are very confusing so it would be great to get some advice here before calling the providers and doing a comparison. Also I don't actually know how a smart tv works!!:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Get Freesat and Saorview - it is subsciption free. You need a dish pointing at 28.2E, which you already have and an aerial pointing at your local transmitter.

Broadband/telephone depends on where you are - you need fibre if that is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I don't already have a dish and I'm in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I think you're only option is SKY. You'll be hard pushed to keep three teens happy with the selection of channels available on Freesat/Soarview.

Eir are limited to two boxes AFAIK, vodafone may be similar. Which may suit but again slightly limited channels if you're coming off the full Virgin channel list.

Advertisement