Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in and around the city centre?

• 30-07-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hiya,

I need to pop into CC on Wednesday and am trying to figure out where to park. I'd rather NOT have underground/multistory as those bloody yokes make me really claustrophobic. Don't mind a bit of a stroll either. Used to park on the Dock Road but looking for alternatives...

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Try the surface car park near the Granary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I think parking on the Ennis Rd is free but not a 100% sure and it's just a short stroll into the city centre. If you're only popping in for an hour then I'd go with the parking down by the Granary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I think parking on the Ennis Rd is free but not a 100% sure and it's just a short stroll into the city centre. If you're only popping in for an hour then I'd go with the parking down by the Granary.

This area of the Ennis Road is fine for free parking and about 8-10 mins. walk to city centre.

13653223_10208024371219357_2967757785354880459_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Great suggestions. Thanks! :) i also need to get over my phobia of underground and multistory parking stat.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Great suggestions. Thanks! :) i also need to get over my phobia of underground and multistory parking stat.!

I never use multi-storey or underground parking as I like my nice car to remain ding-free so I don't mind walking the extra few hundred meters to ensure a relatively safe parking environment :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Hiya,

I need to pop into CC on Wednesday and am trying to figure out where to park. I'd rather NOT have underground/multistory as those bloody yokes make me really claustrophobic. Don't mind a bit of a stroll either. Used to park on the Dock Road but looking for alternatives...

Are you parking a horse or a car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

The strand hotel offer 90mins free parking and 1.80e an hour afterwards if you need to use an underground car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hiya,

There is a small ground level car park on Lower Gerald Griffin Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

It's free parking at weekend on upper O'Connell Street, just beyond the junction with Mallow Street. That's your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

tippman1 wrote: »
    I never use multi-storey or underground parking as I like my nice car to remain ding-free so I don't mind walking the extra few hundred meters to ensure a relatively safe parking environment :)

Where's best for ding free parking? I like my bumpers as much as I like my doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zulutango wrote: »
    It's free parking at weekend on upper O'Connell Street, just beyond the junction with Mallow Street. That's your best bet.

OP is looking to park on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Park in the alleyway in harstonge street across from the Victoria snooker club , I always used do it whenever I worked in the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Buy a parking disc it's only 2 euro, drives me demented when people just use housing estates as a public car park.

kilburn wrote:
    Buy a parking disc it's only 2 euro, drives me demented when people just use housing estates as a public car park.

I was looking for suggestions for parking places that don't make me claustrophobic. Of course I'll pay to park if it's required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I was looking for suggestions for parking places that don't make me claustrophobic. Of course I'll pay to park if it's required.

What about the car park at the junction of Ellen street and Michael St - behind the granary? It's neither a multi story, nor underground - and it's a one way system, plus is smack in the middle of town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Sign up for e-parking Limerick. Register, then top up by ten euro. The parking fee is fifty cent per half
    hour anywhere in the city centre as well as the Potato Market car park. It's a considerably cheaper alternative to buying parking discs or using privately managed car parks.

chicorytip wrote:
    Sign up for e-parking Limerick. Register, then top up by ten euro. The parking fee is fifty cent per half hour anywhere in the city centre as well as the Potato Market car park. It's a considerably cheaper alternative to buying parking discs or using privately managed car parks.

I'll definitely consider this if I'm going to have to make regular trips into the CC but normally I'm well outside CC! Just need to zip in for a short errand on Wednesday, don't mind paying e2 or so for the privilege.

For all those dying to find out how I got on, I parked at Ellen St/Michael St.

Not too much hassle finding a space, and yes /u/kilburn, I bought a parking disk! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

For all those dying to find out how I got on, I parked at Ellen St/Michael St.

Not too much hassle finding a space, and yes /u/kilburn, I bought a parking disk! :P

I always park there. If you are a repeat visitor ParkMagic is excellent. You can park by the 1/2 hour and you don't have to wonder around in the rain finding some place that sells discs.

wingnut wrote: »
    I always park there. If you are a repeat visitor ParkMagic is excellent. You can park by the 1/2 hour and you don't have to wonder around in the rain finding some place that sells discs.

Thankfully I'm not in the CC too often but if I will be, I'll definitely look into some of the options that have been suggested here.

I legged it all the way to Centra and back for a disc, when I saw that the garden shop (Garden World, or something like that) literally just around the corner sells them. Oh well. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement