Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aztec house alarm

Options
  • 30-07-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,883 ✭✭✭

I have a 10 year old Aztec house alarm. I had the battery replaced about 2 months ago as it was going off randomly within the house every now and then and that solved it but yesterday evening from about 6pm until 2am in the morning the external alarm box on the house was going off periodically for about 10 secs on average every 1.5 to 2 hours. I t hasn't gone off since the last alarm at about 2am (which woke me up). I have noticed an increase in spiders and other insects inside and out on the walls the last few weeks. Could this be what caused it. When the external alarm stated beeping nothing came up on the internal control panel display i.e check sensor etc:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably a faulty external bell or connection.
    What is showing up in the log, what displays when you disarm the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,883 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks Koolkid. The funny thing is that nothing showed up on the internal control panel when it was going off. As mentioned it would only go off for no more then 10-15 secs and then stop and this was occurring a few times throughout the eve (last time at 3am on Friday morning). It hasn't gone off since.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was it definitely your bell?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Was it definitely your bell?

Yep. It was the outside alarm on the front wall

Have you engineer access to view the log?
    I would still say it's the external bell that's faulty or a bad connection at it.

• Advertisement

Just wondering Koolkid or anyone else who may be able to answer can insects such as spiders cause the external alarm bell to go off

They shouldn't unless they are interfering with the connections.

Advertisement