Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM ware workstation strange connections

Options
  • 30-07-2016 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

VM workstation 10 on a win7 64 bit.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vmnat.exe tries to connect to IP 202.163.105.1 which is Cyber Internet Services

Why would this be. It is blocked by malware bytes which says it is a malicious website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you using a browser within that VM?

A nasty ad in a webpage could connect to that domain, which MBAM sees through the VMs virtual adapter (that EXE) and blocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

ED E wrote: »
    Are you using a browser within that VM?

A nasty ad in a webpage could connect to that domain, which MBAM sees through the VMs virtual adapter (that EXE) and blocks.
    yes i am running windows 7 32 bit virtual with firefox as the browser in the VM. The nasty ad could be in any webpage?

I do not see anything much about Cyber Internet Services. Thanks

Any page at all.

There have been instances where Javascript in ads has called a chain of 200 other scrips on many other domains.

Simply opening this thread connects directly to more than 30 domains.

Any page at all.

There have been instances where Javascript in ads has called a chain of 200 other scrips on many other domains.

Simply opening this thread connects directly to more than 30 domains.
    even with adblocker?.Would i have to see the ads or that to happen?

Adblocking limits it, but can't eradicate it.

• Advertisement

Adblocking limits it, but can't eradicate it.
    OK i see, thanks for your help. i will note what site i am on if it happens again

Advertisement