Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regarding date of issue

• 30-07-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭

I am confused about date of issue of driving licence and its effecting my insurance.

I was holding EU driving licence and changed to Irish licence in 2014 which is the issue date on front now. However on the back of licence its showing the 2011 which is original date when I first got my licence in another EU country.

My insurance quote from Kennco is:
    1300e if I write 2 years holding current licence and
    1100e if I write 5 years holding current licence.

Male 29y
    1.6 Petrol 2006
    2 years NCB
    No penalty

which is the right date to submit? I feel it should be 5 years when I first got my licence
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh,you'd have to ask insurer, but I'd go with original year (may or may not be correct).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I got feedback from others on boards. It looks like original initial date on the back of licence is considered correct.

Advertisement