Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self build mortgage deposit.

Options
  • 30-07-2016 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. I am a homeowner but Im considering building a house. If at all possible I dont want to sell my first property. I am currently at step zero. I have a piece of land but i still have to apply for planning permission. My main enquiry here is whether or not I can use the land as a deposit for the mortgage? Has anyone on here tried/done anything similar and if so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi Barryb2,

Thank you for contacting us here today.

If you’d like to send a private message including your full name and contact number and also your local branch we’d be happy to arrange for a mortgage advisor to call you to answer your queries in relation to getting a second mortgage.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Barryb2 wrote: »
    Hi. I am a homeowner but Im considering building a house. If at all possible I dont want to sell my first property. I am currently at step zero. I have a piece of land but i still have to apply for planning permission. My main enquiry here is whether or not I can use the land as a deposit for the mortgage? Has anyone on here tried/done anything similar and if so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement