Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington, Boston, Cape Cod

Options
  • 30-07-2016 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am going on holiday in September to Washington (3 days), Cape Cod(2 days) & Boston (3 days). I'm fairly good on things to see and do in Washington & Boston. But can anyone recommend anything worth seeing in Cape cod, I'm renting a car to drive from Boston down to Cape Cod, so if there is anything good worth seeing on the way, that would be great.

Thanks, any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Kagawa wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going on holiday in September to Washington (3 days), Cape Cod(2 days) & Boston (3 days). I'm fairly good on things to see and do in Washington & Boston. But can anyone recommend anything worth seeing in Cape cod, I'm renting a car to drive from Boston down to Cape Cod, so if there is anything good worth seeing on the way, that would be great.

Thanks, any suggestions welcome

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

To be honest, Cape Cod isn't the kind of place where there's a lot to do, like D.C. or Boston. But the scenery/beaches are beautiful and the little towns are charming.

Hyannis has a JFK museum and the Kennedy family home is in Hyannisport. You can go sailing in the bay. You can also take a ferry out from Falmouth to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. Those two islands are famous in the US because a lot of "high society" people vacation there/own summer homes there. And the houses are incredible. President Obama vacations in Martha's Vineyard - he'll be there for two weeks this Saturday.

Provincetown is at the very tip of the Cape and is known as an artist enclave and especially attracts the LGBQT crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

We go to Cape Cod a lot, I was just there last weekend in fact. It's good for families with kids(like me), plenty of lakes and ocean to swim in. We also like to go sup-boarding/kayaking on the lakes, it's easy to rent the equipment. You can do a whale-watch tour in P-Town, also Sand dune tours in nearby Truro, rent bikes and ride the CC rail trail, go on an ocean fishing trip. Also recommend the Plymouth plantation along the way to CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Beaulieu

For the Cape -stay in Hyannisport & do the Kennedy Museum. In the evening travel up to P-Town and you will get a great feel for the place as you drive. Take a 1 day trip to Marthas Vineyard -they do a great tour around the Island and it still leaves you with a half day to hit the beach or just simply explore. Nantucket takes longer to get to and is much quieter than MV.

Deffo do the night / dusk tour in DC -it is highly recommended and don't miss the Library of Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Thanks everybody for the recommendations, some great ideas, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement