Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray tan - best ever!!

Options
  • 30-07-2016 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Can't believe I went this long without getting this.

First time tanned up today.
    Looks totally natural.
    Happydays.

I've finally find a way to circumvent my pasty whiteness.

Only thing is, it's rubbing off on everything I touch.
    Clothes, bed sheets, towels..... the wall, when I accidentally brush against it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Okay, following day.
    My bed sheets are ruined, but my tan is looking great.

How easy does this come off?

I was gonna go to wrestling practice, but would skip if I thought it would peel off my color.

Would that kind of sweaty contact dissipate the tan??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Have you had a shower yet? You're meant to wash the guide colour off. It shouldn't be rubbing off on everything you touch to be honest

Took a shower this morning.

I was dark as hell when I woke up, but it looks more natural after.

The lady that did the spray told me to wait until today (got it done yesterday), to have a shower.

Yeah it seems to be staying put now alright.
    It's not staining my t-shirts or anything any more.

Pfff - exactly how natural should other people perceive this as being??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Depends on the tan. Which one did you get?

• Advertisement

I asked for the lightest most inconspicuous one possible.

That being said, I'm deathly focking white normally.

So I wanted just enough to diminish that, without really looking brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

If you're deathly looking then it's going to be pretty obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Maybe a gradual tan would be better for you? Like one that is in a moisturiser!

idunno78 wrote: »
    Maybe a gradual tan would be better for you? Like one that is in a moisturiser!

Any brand names you can throw at me?

Any brand names you can throw at me?

I don't really use them to be honest so wouldn't want to tell you one! I did try the palmers one and i wouldn't recommend that! It's not very natural looking! Other then that sorry I'm no help! maybe do a search on here and there may be a thread in them!?

• Advertisement

I'm wondering what's the cost of the DIY tans also?

I remember seeing them in the chemist before and, from what I recall, they weren't exactly cheap.

Apart from having stained the hell out of a lot of my clothes, bed sheets etc, I'm pretty damn happy with this spray on tan.
    Third day now and, it's pretty natural looking.

Some serious ingenuity went into this formulation!!
    Again - can't believe I spent all them years looking pasty white during summer.
    15 euros and a 15 minute eyeballing from a cute little miss whilst I was sprayed in the booth, and now I can take my shirt off in public without shame.
    Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Dove gradual tanner is natural looking and a no brainer to apply. Apparently (haven't tried it yet) the new Dove Spa range is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

You shouldn't have to get your bed sheets, clothes, towels etc destroyed with tan. I don't tan that often (just out of laziness). But I put on fake tan last week. Put it on in the evening, put old pjs on when dried in, full length old penneys ones. Bed sheets don't get destroyed. Shower off in the morning, towel is fine after the shower.

Did you tell the tanner it was your first time? They should have advised you to wear old clothes until the guide colour was washed off. Put it down to experience and know for next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Yeah keep old clothes for the guide colour until you wash it off. Put an old sheet down on the bed too and a dark towel if you don't want to stain it.
    Once the guide is washed off it shouldn't rub off too much on anything, maybe a bit on necklines of tops or whatever but nothing drastic.

Piper101 wrote: »
    Dove gradual tanner is natural looking and a no brainer to apply. Apparently (haven't tried it yet) the new Dove Spa range is great.

5 euro at the moment.

Maybe I'll give it a try when this wears off.

One chemist mentioned to me that a moose tanner can be easier to use and look very natural.
    Any experience with this in contrast to the regular creams?

5 euro at the moment.

Maybe I'll give it a try when this wears off.

One chemist mentioned to me that a moose tanner can be easier to use and look very natural.
    Any experience with this in contrast to the regular creams?

I much prefer mousse. I rarely wear tan but when i do I use mousse. Its so easy to do with no streaks. Bondi sands or st tropez are good.

Natural looking with moose?

Natural looking with moose?

Yeah

Tasden wrote: »
    Yeah

Mmm, I came across this moose though - something about it doesn't look quite natural to me....

latest?cb=20090208233331

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough with the "moose" jokes.

dudara

• Advertisement

I'm sure the tan you got sprayed with has its own range of ones you can buy in a chemist! If you like the colour of that one maybe is what you should go for! If it's on a lotion form you could just mix with your own moisturiser to lighten it! Or just leave it on for the least amount of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

OP- congrats on the tan, I'm veering on the see-through scale of whiteness myself, so I loves me aul spray tans - so my lessons I'm happy to share:

1. Invest in a pair of jammies you don't care about (ideally those jammies should be something you could run out of the salon in and into your car - i.e. black!); would recommend the ones with cuff ends, so the jammie legs don't ride up during the night
    2. book the latest possible appointment you can manage - I get my day over, take off my make up and deodorant, etc at work and then on my way home, get my tan done, then in the door and basically up to bed;
    3. You may have to wash your pillow cases the following day as the tan from the back of your neck may rub off, but really nothing else should come off if you're covered;
    4. don't panic when you see the colour go down the shore in the morning;
    5. avoid running etc as the sweat will make your lovely colour run (or if you are running, put talc on the areas that will sweat - though this has honestly never worked for me)

Enjoy bare arms and no tights!!!

lol

Tights my ass!

I'm a big ol' homo-sapien of the male designation.

So, do I need to worry about sweating, after the guide color has been washed off??

The little gal in the spray booth said it should last about 10 days if I use moisturizer.
    So, it will still run like, two or three days later, during workouts, running etc??

I went into the chemist today to look at DIY tans.
    Seriously pricey, and results may vary.

I'm figuring, at 15 euro for a spray tan, versus 30 euro for a bottle of DIY, I might be as well to get the professionals to keep doing it for me.
    Not to mention the fact that it does my ego no harm to have the little romanian gal doing the spraying, clocking me for 20 minutes straight, whilst her hands quiver trying to hold the spray bottle steady.

Tasden wrote: »
    I much prefer mousse. I rarely wear tan but when i do I use mousse. Its so easy to do with no streaks. Bondi sands or st tropez are good.

St tropez moose is like, 45 euro a bottle.

How many tans can one get out of a bottle?

I mean, I wanna look pretty and all but, pffff - 45 euro!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

lol

Tights my ass!

I'm a big ol' homo-sapien of the male designation.

So, do I need to worry about sweating, after the guide color has been washed off??

The little gal in the spray booth said it should last about 10 days if I use moisturizer.
    So, it will still run like, two or three days later, during workouts, running etc??

I went into the chemist today to look at DIY tans.
    Seriously pricey, and results may vary.

I'm figuring, at 15 euro for a spray tan, versus 30 euro for a bottle of DIY, I might be as well to get the professionals to keep doing it for me.
    Not to mention the fact that it does my ego no harm to have the little romanian gal doing the spraying, clocking me for 20 minutes straight, whilst her hands quiver trying to hold the spray bottle steady.

If you're so hot then you shouldn't need fake tan, right?
    Also, it's I5e a session versus 30e for a bottle which will last a few months..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

closing this thread as it's pretty clear the OP has learned nothing about improving his posting style since his appeal on his AH ban.

OP permanently banned from F&A

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement