Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stray neighbourhood cat in bad way

• 30-07-2016 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

There is a cat that regularly is fed by my neighbours who are away for the summer but after coming back from holidays ourselves he looks to be in bad shape, he seems to have difficulty breathing and one eye is covered in puss. He seems to be an old cat and was apparently fed by the last people who lived in our house before we moved in. Who deals with this? To me he looks like he should be put down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tvc15 wrote: »
    There is a cat that regularly is fed by my neighbours who are away for the summer but after coming back from holidays ourselves he looks to be in bad shape, he seems to have difficulty breathing and one eye is covered in puss. He seems to be an old cat and was apparently fed by the last people who lived in our house before we moved in. Who deals with this? To me he looks like he should be put down

Could you maybe contact one of the Dublin Cat Rescue pages on Facebook?

They might be able to clean him up and give him some love and maybe a home...

Cats are so resilient creatures, don't give up on him yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LuckyLoki

Well you have two choices, deal with it yourself or try and get an animal rescue involved. If you can catch him, you could bring him to the vet, stressing that it is feral, and see what he says. Charities will help if they can but a lot of them have so many calls for help, and limited resources that if you can do it yourself it would be a lot quicker. If you can't catch him easily the vet or a local charity might lend you a cage to trap him.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

LuckyLoki wrote: »
    Well you have two choices, deal with it yourself or try and get an animal rescue involved. If you can catch him, you could bring him to the vet, stressing that it is feral, and see what he says. Charities will help if they can but a lot of them have so many calls for help, and limited resources that if you can do it yourself it would be a lot quicker. If you can't catch him easily the vet or a local charity might lend you a cage to trap him.

What would the vet do if i brought him in? Despite me opinion the neighbours might go nuts if I bring him in to meet his end! On the other hand who pays for treating a stray cat? Presumably whoever brings him to the vet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

tvc15 wrote: »
    What would the vet do if i brought him in? Despite me opinion the neighbours might go nuts if I bring him in to meet his end! On the other hand who pays for treating a stray cat? Presumably whoever brings him to the vet?

Can't answer the other questions but I doubt the neighbours would care, considering he seems to be in a state as he is.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Advertisement