Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop in Childcare Facility

Options
  • 30-07-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am new to this and just hoping for a bit of feedback from some mums & dads.

I currently am a working mother of 2 girls under 5 and am soon to be made redundant.

I am considering opening a Drop-in Childcare Centre for the town where you can drop your little ones off for up to 3 hrs while you go to the gym, salon, shopping - or if you just need a bit of me time :)

The Centre would be staffed with qualified childcare workers and would have hourly activities for the kids.

Price wise I was thinking €8ph or €5ph as a special rate if I can get some local businesses interested in promotion.

I am just wondering how many of you would consider using such a facility.

Thanks for reading and will appreciate any feedback given.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

MrsLux wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am new to this and just hoping for a bit of feedback from some mums & dads.

I currently am a working mother of 2 girls under 5 and am soon to be made redundant.

I am considering opening a Drop-in Childcare Centre for the town where you can drop your little ones off for up to 3 hrs while you go to the gym, salon, shopping - or if you just need a bit of me time :)

The Centre would be staffed with qualified childcare workers and would have hourly activities for the kids.

Price wise I was thinking €8ph or €5ph as a special rate if I can get some local businesses interested in promotion.

I am just wondering how many of you would consider using such a facility.

Thanks for reading and will appreciate any feedback given.

We would definitely use a facility like this! Provided you were able to inform me who the staff were, their qualifications and that there wasn't a high turnover of staff I'd defo give a heads up. We use a similar facility to this. It's in a Dublin shopping centre. You can only leave the children in for a maximum of 2 hours and you have to stay in the shopping centre. It is always busy. We have only starting using this in the last 2/3 months for our 2 and 3 year old so have only used it a handful of times. But it is a godsend. And the kids are so much happier playing with al the toys and doing crafts then sitting in a shopping trolley. The same 2 ladies are there all the time aswell which is a big thumbs up with us!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

IKEA , Liffey Valley and Blanchardstown shopping centre have them . They are really handy when you need a break for an hour .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

My local gym in Galway has this facility in the mornings. I've never used it myself though as my own children were in full time creche when smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Moonbeam wrote: »
    IKEA , Liffey Valley and Blanchardstown shopping centre have them . They are really handy when you need a break for an hour .

Where abouts in Blanchardstown centre is this? I need this in my life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Where abouts in Blanchardstown centre is this? I need this in my life!

Past the upstairs bathroom :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The childcare centre in Blanchardstown Centre has not operated for a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

January wrote:
    The childcare centre in Blanchardstown Centre has not operated for a number of years.

Huh didn't realise :(

Advertisement