Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West End Pub Closing

Options
  • 30-07-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

Visitors heading into town, random question:
    Anyone know if *all* bars 'back West' have an extension for Race Week?
    I know Massimo's and The Róisín will but thinking also about Blue Note, Crane, Bier Haus? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well Blue Note advertised on FB earlier saying open til two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thats good! They were particularly interested in The Crane, but I've no idea if they bother with late licences

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

Late licences for race week (and some other specific dates in the year) apply to all pubs that are members of the Vintners Federation (I think). It's up to each pub as to whether they want to use them. But on a busy weekend why wouldn't they!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Salt House were, I'd have been surprised if The Crane were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Well I ended up being dragged in (huge arm twist:rolleyes:) - Massimos was full but actually quieter than most late nights. Looks like the Crane closed semi-normal hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement