If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K HDR

Options
  • 30-07-2016 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi could u give me best price 50" 4K HDR tv please. getting Xbox one s so want to take advantage of 4K HDR streaming/blu ray. Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

shane14 wrote: »
    Hi could u give me best price 50" 4K HDR tv please. getting Xbox one s so want to take advantage of 4K HDR streaming/blu ray. Thanks
    Hi shane14,

For a 50" HDR TV your starting price would be around £629 for the Samsung UE50KU6000:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue50ku6000/sams-ue50ku6000

This is a very good TV but if you could stretch a bit extra I can't fault the Panasonic HDR models. The Panasonic TX50DX700:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50dx700b/pana-tx50dx700b

It retails at £799 but this TV benefits from a much higher refresh rate and a higher brightness level on the panel. We have both TVs on display and the Panasonic is much better in terms of natural light and colour, sharpness and also image refresh which would be good for the Xbox.

Let me know if either of these TVs are what you're looking for.

Kind Regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

That's great, the Panasonic looks good. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the info. 

shane14 wrote: »
    That's great, the Panasonic looks good. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the info. 
    No problem, any other questions give me a shout!

David

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

Hey, 

On the same theme I am looking for a 48 to 55 inch HDR TV. Seen as you see the content on each of the sets what set would you recommend for the €2k mark? In recent times I have had mainly Samsung TVs and was looking at the 55KS7000 model (not interested in a curved set). I watch mainly HD content heavily weighted to sport and would be interested in your thoughts.

Bluefish wrote: »
    Hey, 

On the same theme I am looking for a 48 to 55 inch HDR TV. Seen as you see the content on each of the sets what set would you recommend for the €2k mark? In recent times I have had mainly Samsung TVs and was looking at the 55KS7000 model (not interested in a curved set). I watch mainly HD content heavily weighted to sport and would be interested in your thoughts.
    Hey Blufish.

In terms of content Panasonic and Samsung would be very similar in smart content, where as with Sony using an android setup it gives them a little more using the google play store.

We have the the curved version of the 7000 on display in our store and it does look the part. We had a fair bit of sport running on it over the last month or so with the Euros etc....

You could also perhaps look at the Panasonic 58DX802 which is another excellent screen - We run this in our Demo room along with the pana 4K player and it is very very nice!
    Currently priced at £1549.00 or 2149.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202064-viera-tx58dx802b.aspx?swapstore=1

The Pana also boasts the:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VR Audio Master 2.1 Surround[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although still not a match for a separate home cinema system, the sound quality on the TX58DX802B is excellent by TV standards. With a 2.1 sound system, it uses a 12-train Prismatic speaker system plus quad passive radiators to provide a fuller and richer sound. Added to this, VR-Audio Master Surround 2.1 creates a spacious and open sound quality.[/font]

If you fancied the android option Sony offer the 55XD9305 priced at £1689.00 or 2199.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201883-bravia-kd55xd9305.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny,

How would the the Sammsung 55KS7000 compare to the two sets you mention (mainly from a picture quality and judder free sports viewing perspective)!

Thanks Kenny,

How would the the Sammsung 55KS7000 compare to the two sets you mention (mainly from a picture quality and judder free sports viewing perspective)!
    Hi Bluefish,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf. I've seen all of the sets that Kenny has mentioned and it's a close race between the Panasonic and the Sony. They both have a very good motion processing rate so juddering is not a massive issue (you'll never fully eliminate it on an LED TV.) However my personal preference is the Sony. The Panasonic is great but the Sony seems to cope with black levels a little better giving the screen a bit more depth.

Hopefully this information has been helpful.

Kind Regards

David

I take it you are not a fan of the Samsung KS7000?

I take it you are not a fan of the Samsung KS7000?
    Hey Bluefish.

The Samsung is a very good screen indeed.

As I mentioned above we have the 7500 version running in our store and the picture on it is very very good and handles sport no issues as we had the Euros Etc running over the last few months in store and have been able to check for smoothness.

Any of the screens mentioned above would not disappoint.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.