Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone SE or iphone 6

Options
  • 31-07-2016 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I have qualified for an upgrade, I am betwee phone SE and iphone 6 which would be the best phone to get in terms of battery, whats main difference between them ?

I can get a good price on iphone SE 64GB which is swaying me towards it for now.....

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Same question was asked recently here :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057612982

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    I have qualified for an upgrade, I am betwee phone SE and iphone 6 which would be the best phone to get in terms of battery, whats main difference between them ?

I can get a good price on iphone SE 64GB which is swaying me towards it for now.....

Get the SE. Missus has one, i've the 6, SE is a major upgrade.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I have the SE and I love it. Def go with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnny11

Se

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

In order of my favourite phones:

iphone 4s
    Iphone se
    Sony xperia z3
    Samsung galaxy s5
    Iphone 3g
    Iphone 6s
    Iphone 5
    Htc m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The battery in the SE is un-real for an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

quarryman wrote: »
    In order of my favourite phones:

iphone 4s
    Iphone se
    Sony xperia z3
    Samsung galaxy s5
    Iphone 3g
    Iphone 6s
    Iphone 5
    Htc m8

Your list makes absolutely zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

dodzy wrote: »
    Your list makes absolutely zero sense.

Why does a list of personal preferences need to make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 calvinr22

The iPhone SE is just as powerful as an iPhone 6s, just smaller. If I were you I'd go for the SE, considering you're gettinh 64 gb of storage too. There's also been a lot of cases where the iPhone 6's casing bends, ultimately cracking the screen which I'm sure you don't want.

The iPhone SE is just as powerful as an iPhone 6s, just smaller. If I were you I'd go for the SE, considering you're getting 64 gb of storage too. There's also been a lot of cases where the iPhone 6's casing bends, ultimately cracking the screen which I'm sure you don't want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

calvinr22 wrote: »
    There's also been a lot of cases where the iPhone 6's casing bends, ultimately cracking the screen which I'm sure you don't want.

Absolute nonsense. Don't take any heed of this mush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Rebel1977 wrote: »

The only reason to get the iPhone 6 is the bigger screen, the SE is better for everything else. As you don't mention screen size. It suggests the SE is a no brainer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

It works out at €510 in Belfast vs €600 on the site for the 32GB model. Obviously you have to Factor in going up to collect it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well its a case of how long do you think you have the phone for etc?

Basically the SE is a 5, so if apple release the 7 this year will they stop supporting the SE after a year etc.

jonnycivic wrote: »

Basically the SE is a 5, so if apple release the 7 this year will they stop supporting the SE after a year etc.

Really ? Most people say it's better than a 6, just with a smaller screen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

liam7831 wrote: »
    Really ? Most people say it's better than a 6, just with a smaller screen

Its a 5/5s with slightly better specs. As for better than a 6... In my experience the 6 is better than it but I use bigger phones all the time so alot of people are probably saying that as the smaller size suits them better :)

I disagree.

SE is a 6s with a smaller screen.

The 5s is almost a 6 with a smaller screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭ratracer

It's gonna be the SE for me as soon as I know someone going to the states!! $499 for the 64gb model there is about €450, so worth the wait for a few weeks for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Where did you get this from? Link? Apple support products for hardware and software for 5 years from end of manufacture according to their support site. Since the SE was only released this year then support continues until at least 2021.

Also the SE and the 6s have the same processor and memory (iPhone SE and iPhone 6S – Apple A9, CPU: Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister, GPU: PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics), 2GB RAM)

As a result the battery life is way better than the 6s.
    The camera on the back is also the same

Here is a link to compare specs http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/compare/

Benchmarks here...

5s and SE are much better than most

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10285/the-iphone-se-review/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

If it is a choice between an SE and a 6 (not the 6s) then there is no comparison. unless you really want the bigger screen the SE is a way better phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I got the SE (64Gb model) and it is a smashing little phone. I've been using bigger phones for the last year or so e.g. Sony Xperia Z1 etc but I have a tablet, a laptop so I just made the decision to go back to a smaller phone, I didn't need a big phone. It is super fast too. Happy to have got it.

naasrd wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. Don't take any heed of this mush.

Excuse me? At least give me the courtesy of doing some research before name calling, it has been proven many times that the iPhone 6's casing bends.

https ://9to5mac.com/2014/09/30/bendgate/

The phones bend but only in specific situations. Like you always have it in a back pocket. Etc.

There are other reasons perhaps for avoiding the 6 and 6+ . They have a screen issue that doesn't seem to effect other models like the 6s etc. It's in the news this week.

I like the 5s and SE but i would find the screen a bit small.

Ordered 64GB SE last night through Parcel Motel. The 6s 32GB was €100 more so no contest

Advertisement