Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microswitches in Heating Zone valves

Options
  • 31-07-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are the microswitches in heating zone valves (heat request switch) designed for 240v or low voltage? If they are 240v capable would they be rated high enough to power a boiler?

Removing my nest from the boiler and using it and another nest to control the drayton zone valves. If the heat request are 240v, if either valve switches on the boiler will also switch on.

If anyone has alternative suggestions on how to control the system please shoot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

M5 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Are the microswitches in heating zone valves (heat request switch) designed for 240v or low voltage? If they are 240v capable would they be rated high enough to power a boiler?

Removing my nest from the boiler and using it and another nest to control the drayton zone valves. If the heat request are 240v, if either valve switches on the boiler will also switch on.

If anyone has alternative suggestions on how to control the system please shoot!

The switches in motorised valves can be used as volt free contacts or as 240v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M5 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I did similar, lightwaverf relay on the cylinder motorized valve, and one on the rads one. Either or both valves on starts the gas boiler.

Advertisement