Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Portion George Foreman Grill - €23.49

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭893bet

Reserved! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thanks OP.

Haven't used my old one in ages, forgot how handy they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

That looks like the one without temperature control... I found that very annoying. Kinda handy to control temperature when you're trying to cook stuff. It's very good as a sandwich toaster though!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

Thanks op, excellent deal

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

Just reserved one. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tomasL

Reserved! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Reserved. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Good price but having one with removable washable plates is a must for me

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GSXR_GUY

Picked one up cheers OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Chet T16 wrote: »

not for me its the 25 euro cost is a must for me;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I thought then read this on HUKD:
    I had the model with removable plates and it's honestly not worth the extra, they end up damaged more easily, take longer to heat up, awkward to click back into place. much easier to give them a quick wipe while it's still warm

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Same one was in Lidl a few weeks ago for €29

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It can be stored vertically which might be handy for some.
    http://www.georgeforeman.co.uk/family-grills/family-grill-5-portion-19923.html

I do not like the fact the ridges are so high on the GF grills. I wish they had one which was designed for cooking better and not concerned with reducing fat. I put the front legs up on a chopping board so the delicious fat did not drain off as easy, used to pour the collected fat back over the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A great bargain ! Cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are these grills any good though .
    I had one years ago and all the coating came off it and it was a nightmare to clean .
    I didnt like the taste off the food either when using it ,I just use a normal oven grill now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

rubadub wrote: »
    It can be stored vertically which might be handy for some.
    http://www.georgeforeman.co.uk/family-grills/family-grill-5-portion-19923.html

I do not like the fact the ridges are so high on the GF grills. I wish they had one which was designed for cooking better and not concerned with reducing fat. I put the front legs up on a chopping board so the delicious fat did not drain off as easy, used to pour the collected fat back over the stuff.

Sounds disgusting but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Zardoz wrote: »
    I had one years ago and all the coating came off it and it was a nightmare to clean .
    I didnt like the taste off the food either when using it ,I just use a normal oven grill now.

Don't know what the issue is regarding cleaning these. Remove food once cooked. Wipe plates immediately with damp non abrasive cloth. Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Zardoz wrote: »

The original GF grill was good. I have a 5 portion with removable plates and it a piece of shít. When (I) turn it on, let it heat up and put 2x 200g fillet steaks on, it basically stews them, the heat is not constant. IMO it would be impossible to grill 5 pieces of anything on them.

The quality of the grill is appaling. A single tiny element (bar) that runs around the edge of the plates that does not maintain heat. The originals had a mch better heating mechanism.

Personally believe these are cheap and nasty pieces of junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah I bought this in Argos last week for the same price and I must say I've been disappointed with it. Although for the money I suppose it's not too bad.

Also not sure how they call it a 5 portion grill as it's tiny.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This is a great item for toasted sandwiches, buy those Ciabatta in Lidl stuff it full of lovliness - cheese ham tomato relish rocket (for example) and put it on this GF grill, OMG !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Cheers OP have reserved this

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tomasL

Just tested myself, result is briliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mdwexford wrote: »
    Sounds disgusting but each to their own.
    just a type of basting, you have probably eating loads of food subjected to this "disgusting" technique. I find food on george foremans pretty nasty & dry if it is not done.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basting_(cooking)

If people have grills with worn out non stick surfaces you can use parchment paper or those toasta bags too cook stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Reserved one of these to pick up in store a few days ago (was out of stock at the time). Do they text/email you once it's in to collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Thanks Op i picked one up today! looking forward to yummy paninis and toasted sandwiches.

If anyone wants a code for one in the ilac centre i have one valid to close of business today. Pm if you want it.

Advertisement