Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private message through facebook

Options
  • 31-07-2016 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

I want to contact someone and the only online presence know of is their facebook. I do not have their offline address

can i send a them a private message if I join facebook or do i have to post a message their other contacts will see? I do not have FB or know how it works

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

I want to contact someone and they only online presence is their facebook. can i send a them a private message if I join facebook or do i have to post a message their other contacts will see? I do not have FB or know how it works

Facebook allows you to send private messages. You will have to create an account first of course!

I would recommend you send that person a friend request before sending a message due to Facebook's new message request feature.

You can send them a friend request by going onto their facebook page and click the 'add friend' button.

Best of luck, any more questions - fire away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Facebook allows you to send private messages. You will have to create an account first of course!

I would recommend you send that person a friend request before sending a message due to Facebook's new message request feature.

You can send them a friend request by going onto their facebook page and click the 'add friend' button.

Best of luck, any more questions - fire away :)
    have not seen them a long time. if i click add friend they get a message to say i want them as a friend and can say yes or no?

If they do not reply can i still send a message with a reminder of when we were friends in case they do not remember and that is the reason they do not reply. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

have not seen them a long time.

Facebook is great in those situations!

if i click add friend they get a message to say i want them as a friend and can say yes or no?

Yes, if you send a friend request, the person will receive a notification and can either accept or decline.

If they do not reply can i still send a message with a reminder of when we were friends in case they do not remember and that is the reason they do not reply. Thanks:)

If the person does not respond, you can still send a message if the both of you are not friends on Facebook. Only problem is, sometimes in this case - the message gets sent to an 'others' folder and the person does not get the notification.

Send the friend request and see how it goes, best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

You can still send someone a message if you're not friends.

https://www.facebook.com/help/326534794098501/
    Who can I send messages to?

You can send messages to anyone on Facebook. Messages you send to people you're not connected to may arrive in their message requests.

Thanks both :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

It's been ten years, Jenny, and I still dont want to go out with you. Will you ever get over me, ffs. :D:D

Is this to get the photo of your illegally parked car taken off FB Jenny?
    :)

Seen your thread on that here, putting 2&2 together.

It's been ten years, Jenny, and I still dont want to go out with you. Will you ever get over me, ffs. :D:D
    i am trying having a drink.....

Is this to get the photo of your illegally parked car taken off FB Jenny?
    :)

Seen your thread on that here, putting 2&2 together.
    made 5 I am afraid you are way out. million miles. my car was not illegally parked or on fb... sorry:)

Advertisement