Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity or NUIG???

Options
  • 31-07-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between studying in TCD or NUIG & I'm at a standstill.

I'm hoping you folks would share your wisdom below & what you would do in my situation.
    I'm going to study arts - unfortunately people tend to agree that arts attracts more "snobbish types" than, say, sciences. By nature, I'm a bit sensitive as I was bullied in the past. Above all, I want to enjoy college and gain confidence. I've always loved learning and found taking exams a breeze, so basically I'm strong academically but the social side is what I need to improve on.

I've gotten the impression that NUIG, the Galway nightlife and NUIG societies are more welcoming/relaxed than Trinity. However I'm concerned that there actually mightn't be much difference between the two. I love the idea of going to Trinity and it's prestigious reputation; it would stand out a bit more on my CV.

But the downside of NUIG is that the course is about 200 points lower (I'm afraid that this will mean I won't click as well with my classmates, that there'll be a worse atmosphere in classes, that I'll feel like I held myself back from going to TCD for no good reason).

I'm from a country background and I'm an equal distance from Galway or Dublin. I know people in Galway already but nobody from my school plans to go to TCD. I'm torn between the academic excellence of Trinity, and the seemingly more comfortable NUIG. h e l p !

Advertisement