Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava upload issue

Options
  • 31-07-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Anyone having issues uploading to Strava today?

This morning's ride uploaded to Garmin Express (on 2 separate laptops) and subsequently a test activity uploaded to Garmin Connect on the mobile but nothing will transfer across to Strava.

All devices are the same and I've changed no settings. I've tried all sorts of solutions on the help pages of both Garmin and Strava.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Yep I had the same problem. I had to export the file from Garmin and upload then to Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Thanks, I've emailed Strava support in the meantime.

I tried doing that but my head got a bit addled in the process!! Is that difficult to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I cant upload my ride to Strava today either.
    Get a message "Error Processing Data"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Thanks, I've emailed Strava support in the meantime.

I tried doing that but my head got a bit addled in the process!! Is that difficult to do?

Pretty handy, plug the Garmin into your computer, select "upload activity" in Strava, look for the .fit file in the Garmin and upload away.

Edit never mind, the site's down

P_1 wrote: »
    Pretty handy, plug the Garmin into your computer, select "upload activity" in Strava, look for the .fit file in the Garmin and upload away.

Edit never mind, the site's down

Perfect, I'll do that when I get home, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Anyone having issues uploading to Strava today?

This morning's ride uploaded to Garmin Express (on 2 separate laptops) and subsequently a test activity uploaded to Garmin Connect on the mobile but nothing will transfer across to Strava.

All devices are the same and I've changed no settings. I've tried all sorts of solutions on the help pages of both Garmin and Strava.

Thanks

What phone have you? Wonder is anything to do with the recent iPhone software release?

What phone have you? Wonder is anything to do with the recent iPhone software release?

I do have an iPhone but the problem started at home with the laptop so I'm presuming it's not that

I do have an iPhone but the problem started at home with the laptop so I'm presuming it's not that

I wouldn't say its anything on your end. As they've taken the site offline something has gone a bit pearshaped.

You'd be amazed how often this happens with sites, though usually it doesn't effect users.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I've had issues lately with Garmin lagging in forwarding workouts to other apps. Normally after 24 hours it syncs itself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

OK, so this explains a few things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Yeah something up with the website at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The file I uploaded to strava from the garmin has a 300 difference in elevation gain in the wrong direction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Having this problem too, headwrecker! Well, that's an overstatement, it's mildly annoying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i had problems this afternoon and just loaded it manually. May have to delete the original if the original uploads.

Interesting that it appears a mass of uploads coinciding with the end of the Ride London sportive may have overloaded the servers and caused the wobble.

Advertisement