Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Endurace Al

Options
  • 31-07-2016 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I haven't been able to do much cycling at all this summer due to family reasons. I think I've been out 4 or 5 times in the last 3-4 months. It looks like I'll have to concentrate on Autumn/Winter cycling so I'm thinking about upgrading my winter bike. My old winter bike is 9 speed Tiagra and it's pretty heavy. I like the look of the Canyon Endurace Al with 11 speed 105. I have a nice set of handbuilt wheels to use too.
    Has anyone got one of these and do you find it good?
    My other idea is to buy a secondhand carbon for around €800. Saw a few decent Roubaixs and Domanes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

I have one - its a very good bike with decent kit. The only issue is that toe overlap is a slight issue. Not a big deal as a trainer but its bit more noticeable as a commuter especially with mudguards fitted as there's more low speed wider angle manouvering. I've an AL Giant Defy as well and I'd reckon that the Canyon is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Thanks for the info HE, I did a lot of club spins last winter and spring and I often felt I could do with something faster. The spec looks great.
    I wonder if they will bring out a disc version for 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Donie75 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info HE, I did a lot of club spins last winter and spring and I often felt I could do with something faster. The spec looks great.
    I wonder if they will bring out a disc version for 2017.

At the moment the Canyon Inflite 8 is on sale with Canyon. Proper winter bike! Disc brakes, will take full mudguards and 35c tyres. (I think, about the tyres)

1,199 excluding carriage etc

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/inflite/

8.0 =CX set up & 8.0s = Road set up. 52/36 with road tyres.

The 8.0 comes with the VCLS 2.0 leaf spring seat post too.

Advertisement