Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RideLondon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Doc07

Very sorry to hear about the man who died. A similar aged man died of cardiac event last year also. Hope the two people in the serious accidents are ok.

Despite the above, it's an excellent event. I did it last year. It's not cheap but probably worth it for the experience of the closed roads and the crowds. I found the logistics impressive and was rarely at any bottlenecks. It's not a physical challenge like L'Etape or even a WW200 but I would highly recommend it. It's an expensive weekend staying in London so I combined it with a weekend break with the missus.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The 2 "serious" accidents were being reported as head injuries yesterday so it's possible the poor guy died of a heart attack in another incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

Beasty wrote: »
    The 2 "serious" accidents were being reported as head injuries yesterday so it's possible the poor guy died of a heart attack in another incident.

Yeah looks separate alright, the article i read gave the impression his was 1 of the 2 serious incidents but i see in link above it saying he had heart attack around 25 mile mark which was before the other crashes.

Advertisement