Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park rented car on the Street

Options
  • 31-07-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi people,

I am renting a car from today afternoon to tomorrow night in Cork,

I am living in High Street, and looks like there is a lot of space to park the car.

Is legal just park the car on the street (from 11PM to 8AM?) or should I be worry for possible police problems?

I have totally not idea about how the park on the street law works in Cork.

Also I though in maybe park on the open park of the High Street tesco if park on the street is illegal, but not sure if this idea is better or even worst...

Some people explain me that during the day, you can park during 2 hours (paying, of course) but they told me that doesn't work during the night.

(I have full insurance with the rental car, so, I am not too worried for park on the street...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Tomorrow is a holiday, free parking in paypark areas,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

No problems with parking permits etc. Almost all of Cork city has free on-street parking from 1830 - 0830 during the week and from 1830 Sat to 0830 Monday. Bank Holidays are treated like Sundays.

High St is relatively narrow so fold in the wing mirrors.

As with public parking anywhere, ensure you leave nothing 'enticing' on view.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roghar

Thank you so much all, Really kind

Advertisement