Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea Sprint

Options
  • 31-07-2016 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Very well organised race today by Predator Tri Club. The lake had a bit of a breeze blowing over it, I was dreading the expected "safety first" announcement but thankfully it never came! Nice to swim into a bit of (mild) chop. Dodgy road surface in places for the bike but all corners were marshalled and seemed to have been swept of debris. More hills on the run than when I did a warm-up earlier!

Nice to meet you Dilbert, how did your race go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I was down at it - first time doing it. Very well organised, everything on time. Also great to see the kids giving it their all early on.

For some reason really struggled with the swim. I ain't the best swimmer but there seemed way too many people in the first wave. I struggled with sighting aswell. I normally follow everyone else but people seemed to be going everywhere. Saying that the water temp and visibility under water was great.

I thought the cycle was tough - the second 5k was really nice but other than that it was quite hilly.

Didn't think the run was too bad - couple of hills but nothing too serious.

Overall my time was probably about 5 mins slower than what I was hoping for but I knew coming out of the water I was on the back foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Nice to meet you Dilbert, how did your race go?

Likewise.

Predictably enough I struggled with the huge waves (probably your wake turbulence Kurt) on the way out. Had to repeatedly gather myself. Going across was better and managed to maintain composure reasonably well coming back in. But was totally knackered when I got to t1. Didn't even have the energy to pull the wetsuit off so time was horrendous.

Bike went ok. Didn't pass many but they were too far ahead of me after the swim to catch. Some of the ladies passed me like I was stopped.

Run was ok for the first couple of hundred metres but then got a fierce stitch that lasted more than 3k.

Still it's my first ow sprint done and dusted. Excellent organisation throughout and a right feed at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

I was there as a spectator as I plan on doing this next year as my first Tri, seemed windy enough down by the lake for the bikes coming back.

Anyone have a Garmin link/Map of the bike course (the run was an out and back I heard) they don't mind sharing as I'd like to see the route. Tough little uphill coming out of the carpark at T1, saw a few people have a wobble trying to get their feet into their shoes.

Advertisement