If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony XD8305 or XD8005 Series (2016 4k HDR TVs)

Options
  • 31-07-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi RicherSounds,

Is it known when Sony's XD8305 or XD8005 Series TVs will be available in your Belfast store and what the pricing will be? (I have a 43" model in mind). And do you know if the 'motion enhancer' clock rate is the only difference between these models, as listed on the Sony Ireland website?

Many thanks in advance,

:)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ellul wrote: »
    Hi RicherSounds,

Is it known when Sony's XD8305 or XD8005 Series TVs will be available in your Belfast store and what the pricing will be? (I have a 43" model in mind). And do you know if the 'motion enhancer' clock rate is the only difference between these models, as listed on the Sony Ireland website?

Many thanks in advance,

:)
    Hi Ellul.

Still no firm ETA on these models as of yet.

The 55XD8005 is due in this week but no pricing just yet.

I'll see if our purchasing team may have more info on this.

In terms of the difference between the 2, as I've not had them in yet so I have not done any research on these.
    I'll go off and have a read over their details on the Sony site and check.

I'll see what I can find out and revert back ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ellul

Hi Kenny,

Thanks again for your quick response. Any additional information will be appreciated.

Kind regards

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ellul wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks again for your quick response. Any additional information will be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Hey Ellul.

Still no update on these as of yet on the XD8305 or XD8005.

Just wanted to let you know I'm keeping my eye out and have not forgotten about you. 

There are still a very limited amount of the 43X8305 left in at £589.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201400-bravia-kd43x8305cbu.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ellul

Many thanks once again Kenny. I came across a website which provides some information on the differences between the two newer sets and - assuming it's reliable information - the vertical refresh rate (120 vs 60hz) and motion enhancer (800 vs 400/200) appear to be the only differences (displayspecifications DOT com). Something I find curious is the apparent lack of AAC audio support in the newer sets compared to the one you do have in stock, and the absence of 3GPP video on the more recent models, given that the processor looks identical. Native support for a wide a range of codecs is something I value very much and samsungs seem to trump sonys in that regard so I'm beginning to lean their way now. I'm dithering. Basically I'm looking for a TV no bigger than 43" (40" would be perfect), with HDR & 4K for future proofing (although 4K is probably a waste of time on a screen that size, HDR seems worthwhile), with extensive codec support (vob, ts etc) AND with a smart platform which has an app for Synology's DS Video or Emby (preferably DS Video)!

If the Samsung 43" KS7500 wasn't curved I would probably go for that :):/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.